Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change In Timetable

• 31-01-2006 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

Our teacher told us today that he heard a rumor of the leavin exams in Irish and English being brought forward to early MAY!! :eek: he said he don't no if its for def but its the rumor goin round.

I don no if its that bad an idea really i sapose to get them out of the way, i don no what ye think...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Hahahahahaha... no. Don't be silly. Your teacher is trying to scare you into studying...which means that your class must be in a dire state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

yea to be honnest we ain't in the best state goin but he was pretty serious lookin i hope your right though

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

It was in the Independant today. Apparently the teachers union people want them exams brought forward so as to avoid the "student exhaustion" thing with the two english and irish papers so close together. The Exam Commision is meant to be giving it serious thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hmm...makes me glad I'm in 6th year. Doubt they'd make a change this year, it would be too "off-putting to our study regimes" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

yea i heard its almost a definate for next year and they are really thinkin bout doin it this year, don no if it will happen though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I hear earlier and it would be paper 1 in English and Irish, which are two exam papers that don't take a whole of studying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Little Miss...

i heard it too...but i'd say they wont change it til next year somehow... i mean it is Ireland in fairness, when do they ever do anything that quickly??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I seriously doubt that, why would they change a system that's been in place and working alright-ish for so long, so close to the exams, it'd be different if t were September like...

Le Rack wrote:
    I seriously doubt that, why would they change a system that's been in place and working alright-ish for so long, so close to the exams, it'd be different if t were September like...

Exactly. Not a thing is changing this year since the timetable is already published. Stop worrying and speculating over nothing kids and get back to studying - sheesh.

stu-dy?
    Yeah should do a bit more...
    What date are ye all finished in June? I'm in til the 20th... or is it the 21st...
    Anyway, what about you lot?

• Advertisement

Le Rack wrote:
    stu-dy?
    Yeah should do a bit more...
    What date are ye all finished in June? I'm in til the 20th... or is it the 21st...
    Anyway, what about you lot?

*Slap slap slap* You're nearly as bad as me last year...! :D

Ah I'm trying, tis tough going though!
    So tell us, what's it really like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Its not going to happen this year, not after all the timetables have been sent out to all the schools, and they still havent decided on dates for Japanese & Russian.. probably next year but we can relax.. Lets get through these mocks first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jaspersmiley

Ya.. its very unlikely that this will happen this year. there'd be uproar for the disturbance. but it is planned that more and more subjects will have a continula assesment aspect leading to the final exam being worth about 75% instead of the way it is now. I think this is good cos it will relieve the pressure a little bit and better prepare the student for what its like in college where in most courses, continula assessment through the year is worth about 20% of the final exam. prob wont happen for another few years yet though as it would prob involve further sylabus changes and as they've already established revised syllabi for a lot of subjects recently, changing them again so soon prob wont happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I wish that'd be inplemented in this year, that'd be brilliant if we had it more spread out

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

I think it's enivatable, but will probs not happen this year as it would seriously piss everyone off

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Funkstard wrote:
    I wish that'd be inplemented in this year, that'd be brilliant if we had it more spread out
    Yeah it would be great tbh, the first 3 days are going to be hell.

Advertisement