Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuesday's Games

• 31-01-2006 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭

Charlton vs. West Brom
    Fulham vs. Spurs
    Sunderland vs. Boro
    Wigan vs. Everton

Bottom two games started at 7.45, the other two start at 8.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Dont forget the many Championship games that are on including

Ipswich V Leeds
    Sheffield Wed V Luton
    Reading V Norwich
    Plymouth V Southampton (Delayed due to floodlight failure)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Boro are a goal ahead already. Pogatez with his first in English football I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Watching the Spurs game myself. Reid has started well, had a nice piece of play and a good effort just over the bar.

1-0 Everton, Osman. Ormerod has scored 13 minutes into his Preston debut....

Reading 1-0 up too, Nicky Shorey.

Cameron Jerome scored yet again for Cardiff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Reading 1-0 Norwich

No surprises there

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    1-0 Everton, Osman. Ormerod has scored 13 minutes into his Preston debut....

Reading 1-0 up too, Nicky Shorey.

Cameron Jerome scored yet again for Cardiff.

Its now being listed on Sky as an OG by Davey Thompson.

I love watching Brian McBride play, he's a class act altogether. One of the best headers of a ball in football today.

2-0 Boro. Parnaby.

2-0 Reading too. Steve Sidwell.

Another defender for Boro. Parnaby. 2-0. Come on Sunderland!

Andy Reid gone off with an injury to his left knee, looks like it could be a few more weeks out.

• Advertisement

Wigan 1-1 Everton, could see it coming a mile off after Everton missed a great chance and had a goal disallowed. Scharner scored it.

Ipswich 1-0 Leeds

Against the run of play, Leeds caught on the break. Tried to play the offside, stupid goal to give away!

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Wigan 1-1 Everton, could see it coming a mile off after Everton missed a great chance and had a goal disallowed. Scharner scored it.

An Everton victory would be great for Blackburn. I'd like to see Fulham get something against Spurs too and Brom against Charlton.

Blackburn have the easy task of Man Utd (again!) tomorrow night. Three points in the bag ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The Fulham/Spurs game is pretty damn boring. Both teams cancelling each other out, no real chances at all. Spurs really miss Mido, they seem very light up top. Defoe is on the bench, Jol went back to his little and large combo, bringing Rasiak in. Reid got injured early on, giving way to a debut for 19-year old Tom Huddlestone. He's looked good so far.
    Other than a great volley from McBride that was well saved by Robinson, there's been no real chances to talk about. Hope the second half is better.

Luton score two quick goals.

Sheffield Wednesday 0-2 Luton

When did Routledge move from Spurs to Pompey? Is it permenant or loan? I hadn't even noticed until now.

Plymouth 1-0 Southampton

Lemlin wrote:
    When did Routledge move from Spurs to Pompey? Is it permenant or loan? I hadn't even noticed until now.

Yesterday, on loan. Stupid ****ing Southampton, theyre hopeless.

3-0 Reading, Lita. What a team.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Yesterday, on loan. Stupid ****ing Southampton, theyre hopeless.

3-0 Reading, Lita. What a team.

That's the thing about the transfer window. So much is going on that you miss some of the deals.

Sunderland 0-3 Middlesborough, Hasselbaink scores

My god Sunderland are just an awful side!

• Advertisement

They were beginning to pick it up for a week or two there but they are just terrible.

Lemlin wrote:
    That's the thing about the transfer window. So much is going on that you miss some of the deals.

They also signed Andres D'Allesandro yesterday, definitely one to watch out for.

Ipswich 1-1 Leeds

David Healy scores from a penalty. Deserved it because have been piling the pressure on. 5 mins to go so we can still easily grab a winner

Spurs down to 10, Dawson off for a second yellow, foul on the edge of the box.

Reading 4-0 Norwich
    Plymouth 1-1 Southampton

Kingp35 wrote:
    Plymouth 1-0 Southampton

1-1, midfielder Andrew Surman with a goal in what is only his second game I think.

Kingp35 wrote:
    Plymouth 1-0 Southampton

1-1, midfielder Andrew Surman with a goal in what is only his second game I think.

Final score Ipswich 1-1 Leeds

Could have won the game but a point away to Ipswich isnt too bad a result. Leeds are 11 points behind Sheffield Utd now so its gonna be tough to catch up but its possible.

1-0 Fulham in the 90th minute! Bocanegra!

Saints seem to have blown it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Spurs and Arsenal both doing thier utmost to give away a show at the Champions League.

What was the Fulham goal like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

good win for fulham. They would actually be decent enough if there away was so terrbile.

Spurs and Arsenal both doing thier utmost to give away a show at the Champions League.

What was the Fulham goal like?

Header from a free-kick. I'll upload in a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Not the greatest game, but Fulham have played much better and lost games, so I guess it was their time to get the rub of the green. They play some good football, if they could get their act together I think they could finish in the top half, they have some good new players.
    Spurs had a fairly youthful team, missing a couple of players, most notably Pyo, Davids and Mido. Good result for Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

That's 2 consecutive poor performances by Wigan without their main man Kavanagh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

eirebhoy wrote:
    That's 2 consecutive poor performances by Wigan without their main man Kavanagh. :)

LMAO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Just back in from another disappointing trip to London...

Spurs were muck last night (Fulham were worse). Absolutely disgraceful performance from us.

Raziak is a useless lump. Bloke behind me shouted "white men can't jump" at one stage, its true for the Pole. Liked the rendition of:

You can stick Tierry Henry up your ar*e
    You can stick Tierry Henry up your ar*e
    You can stick Tierry Henry up your ar*e,
    Stick Tierry Henry up your ar*e, stick Tierry Henry up your ar*e

Singing we've got Gregorz Raziak,
    Singing we've got Gregorz Raziak,
    Singing we've got Gregorz,
    Singing we've got Gregorz, we've got Gregorz Raziak

Hard to make out there was that much tongue in cheek...

Stephen Kelly had a poor game at LB, and despite statements to the contrary on here, Andy Reid was poor for his 20+ minutes. When he completes a pass or a flick, or gets a shot on target, he looks great. When he lumbers across the pitch like Orca the Beached Whale trying to close down the opposition RB I don't know whether to laugh or cry. And he did much more of the latter than the former.

Robbie Keane worked his socks off again, he really does look motivated at the moment, and I hope he can keep that up. Aaron lennon continues to shine, yet as usual he was sacraficed when Jol needed to bring on a defender to replace Dawson.

Finally, Howard Webb. What an appaling excuse for a referee. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Oh, meant to add...

There's a Spurs fan site I frequent regularly where the "fans" are up in arms this morning calling for Jol's head. Its idiotic statements like this that make people say Spurs fans are fickle...:mad:

Advertisement