Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know artist/title??? Please help

• 31-01-2006 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

First off I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this, I realise its quite messy and info is sparse, but I only heard this song once r twice when I was about 10.

This song is probably about ten years old+. Its similar to OCS [and could well be them but havent the bbeen able to find it by them] and old Radiohead [Pablo Honey/The Bends] and google has not helped me. Dont know what key it was in but the chords I play it with are G Em Am C and the strumming pattern is very like 'Waiting' by the Devlins [could also be them of course, but as before, have not had any luck finding it by them].

I only have small portions of the lyrics;

These parts are taken from verses and more than likely not in order.

Who keeps you in your bed at night,
    too afraid to kill the light

It keeps the demons from your door
    something something when you see more

Kickin over patty stools

Keeps you lookin beautiful

The chorus

The house that ______* built
    The house that ______* built
    These walls are coming down
    These walls are crashing down

* [dunno what they said there, possibly hate]

Again I know this seems like a ridiculous request but if you think you know, please say so

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

It rings a bell man, but not sure which one. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

more than likely the lyrics you have are just slightly wrong, thus google not helping. What year was it when you heard it? Any idea? I presume it was on the radio? Any idea what station or show? Anything to narrow it down would be good. The chorus does sound vaguely familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

it would have been 97/98 and the last time i remember hearing it was on the adrian kennedy phone show on fm104. i'd only heard it once r twice before that, i think it was already 2/3 yrs old at that point you see. thanks anyway guys, if anything comes to u please let me no.

i remember listening to it that time and just waiting for the title but he never said it and i never heard it again. just remembered it the other day and really wana hear it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Probably not, but:

Metallica - The House That Jack Built?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oralfixx

thats the main one google kept giving me. the lyrics dont seem to match and i doubt its a metallica song but i will check it out all the same on the off chance ur right. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

It's annoying me now, because I have the air of it in my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

Sing it to me baby :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

Sing it to me baby :)

you sound hot.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

It does sound familiar, but it's not coming to me just now.

oh was logged in as my lil bro [oralfixx] only noticed that now. still, thanx for all the help everyone and as i said, if netin comes to u, please post it!thanx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I'm saying this at the risk of sending you barking up the COMPLETELY wrong tree... but... is it the Stunning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

riddik wrote:
    Kickin over patty stools
    Does anyone know what a patty stool is??

im sure they werent the actual lyrics, just what i heard. come on gimme a break i was about 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭col1032

I agree with one of the above posts. it does sound something like a stunning song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

riddik wrote:
    im sure they werent the actual lyrics, just what i heard. come on gimme a break i was about 11
    ;)

I think its the Stunning as well, now that someone has said it. Will dig thru my old albums tonite if i remember and have a look, think i have all of there albums ... somewhere

thanx lads. i checked out their site but cudn find the song[i was lookin through the lyrics] but i didn hav a lot of time so its prob their somewhere. cheers butcher if u cand fin d it n tell me wat its called

cheers

Found all my old boxes of tapes, just checked "Once Around The World", its not on that album and thats the one I thought it was from. Most of my irish artists tapes weren't there tho, so they must be hiding around in another box somewhere :)

great thanx for tryin. if u ever come accross it please let me no i'd very much appreciate it.

thanx

Advertisement