Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romance in UCD?

Options
  • 31-01-2006 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as Valentine's Day will be here soon (weep for us single people), I was wondering if anybody here has found romance within UCD?

Anyone currently seeing someone that they met on campus? Any stories to tell?

Let's hear it. ;)

Have you found romance in UCD? 16 votes

Indeed I have. Love is great!
    0%
    No I have not. Damn it anyway!
    100%
    Red Alertrain onX-SLkittenkillerlarryoneboneless[Deleted User]Economaniac!bobwozhereBallymanJulesiebobbipimpy_cbackflipGunshotKeiraG 16 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

I have a son with someone I met in UCD. Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

me and my better half fancied each other from afar for THREE YEARS before, inspired by ed murphy's wildcard article in the tribune, he bit the bullet and talked to me at the end of my final year. we've been together ever since. you may vomit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I imagine that's pretty common in this college. There's a girl I fancy in one of my lectures but it's hard getting an opportunity to speak to her. Whenever I do she has to meet her friends or run to a lecture etc. You seem to have a time limit of about a minute or so. :v:

February 14th is going to be depressing.

Lovelorn smiley >> :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Myself & himself were both in UCD when we started courting way back when.
    Now he's out in the big bad real world & i'm still taking the scenic route around Belfield & the RDS.
    Twill be our 5th Valentines Day this year.

On our 1st, he greeted in front of the SU shop at the library & presented me with a lil orange elephant teddy & chocolates!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I imagine that's pretty common in this college. There's a girl I fancy in one of my lectures but it's hard getting an opportunity to speak to her. Whenever I do she has to meet her friends or run to a lecture etc. You seem to have a time limit of about a minute or so. :v:

February 14th is going to be depressing.

Lovelorn smiley >> :rolleyes:

Why didn't you say something? All this time...

• Advertisement

Pythia wrote:
    Why didn't you say something? All this time...

Alright then your place or mine? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I wish I could say that I had... but no, I'm horribly, horribly single. Boo-urns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

We didn't meet in college, but me and the girlfriend are together a year and 2 months!

Valentine's is sh!t though, so I'm not getting her anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

DaveMcG wrote:

Valentine's is sh!t though, so I'm not getting her anything...

Good luck with that one!

I didn't meet my boyfriend in college, but I did meet him at a boards beers ( i know, i know.....uber-nerd) Together 8 months now. We're having an early Valentines, by going to Prague this weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Oh, Prague is lovely. I went there with my (now ex) boyfriend. Had a great time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Pythia wrote:
    Oh, Prague is lovely. I went there with my (now ex) boyfriend. Had a great time.

Hope thats not a side-effect of the trip :p

Yea it should be nice, really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah, have fun peachy... Get hammered, those Czechs drink more than we do!!!:eek:

On-topic: Single again. I've somehow managed to be be single every year on and around valentine's day, despite a reputation as a player.... An ill-justified reputation, I should point out... Hmm... Dig up, stupid...:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

yep i was seeing someone from ucd for a while. when you're around ucd a lot like me then i suppose it kinda makes sense to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I hate you, so called Mr.Nice Guy, for starting this thread just like I hate hallmark for inventing Valentine's Day:mad:....not that I'm jealous or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'm another of the "didn't meet her in college" troupe! Met on the internet and we've been together nearly two years now :D
    *makes huge plans for Valentine's Day*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Myself & himself were both in UCD when we started courting way back when.
    Now he's out in the big bad real world & i'm still taking the scenic route around Belfield & the RDS.
    Twill be our 5th Valentines Day this year.

On our 1st, he greeted in front of the SU shop at the library & presented me with a lil orange elephant teddy & chocolates!

ahh thats so cute-i love the word 'courting'-i say we should start a revival of that word!
    Oh were shall I start with the UCD dating scene......
    Back when I was a bashful first year I really liked our class rep.We hung out loads but i was way to shy to make a move.Anyway med ball night was on fireworks night,so the whole class was having a great time dancing when class rep came up to me and said do you want to go outside for a breath of fresh air.So we were outside talking under this willow tree,he offered me his jacket and then we kissed.And then to top it off fireworks went off in the distance so we stopped to watch them,quite magical really.But then i kinda went off him so we broke up.

Went out with another guy who I fancied since 2nd year,always used to see him round college.Then in 3rd year by coincidence I lived with a girl who knew him.So one day I went up to him really drunk in the student bar and started trying to be all witty and funny but I probably was saying stupid things!:o Anyway,must have said something alright cos a year later he asked me out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

i think some college relationships are doomed simply because your gunna see so much of the person! if you do the same course and the same subjects you could be together all day everyday, and being 18yr old, dating this way will either find you your soul mate or lead to very very short romances! indirect experience of mine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lil-buttons

I went out with a guy for a couple of years during colg.. when I took a year out I seen there was a whole new ball game... .. Im still very good friends with him though..

humbert wrote:
    I hate you, so called Mr.Nice Guy, for starting this thread just like I hate hallmark for inventing Valentine's Day:mad:....not that I'm jealous or anything

Hey, I have to try and depress others. How else am I supposed to feel better about my single status?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm going to the comedy gig on Valentine's night. David O' Doherty and Neil Delamare are playing. It should help me to forget my woes as a singleton. Hey, I might even meet a girl with a good sense of humour at it too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

I too shall probably be spending a lonely Valentines....unless I manage to get my act together and make some unfortunate like me!

Grrrrrrr Valentines....its not an occasion for couples, its an occasion for couples to rub it in everyone else's face!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

valentines schmalentines.... the only good thing about it is ....shoite i cant even think of one....
    [guess whos a bitter singleton]

OT... romance in UCD well theres one guy i really fancy in one of my subjects, i sit beside him most days but have yet to make a move... suffering in silence and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Mr nice guy-you should do poll on this to find out whose single or not-seems like theres a lot of singles out there-even though I dont think any one berated their single stautus as much as I did in PI:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

[cough]UCD Boards speed dating [/cough]

OK I've added a poll, panda. :)

Re: the speed dating, I hear the Rose of Tralee is set to be there. I thought she had a boyfriend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Met my last girlfriend when I was in 2nd year in UCD and we went out for 4 years! But broke up around this time last year :( Now I am a poor single postgrad:D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hmmm, a public poll. Could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Re: the speed dating, I hear the Rose of Tralee is set to be there. I thought she had a boyfriend?

If she hasn't, BAGSIE. When is this speed dating things anyways? There'll usually good fun, might try to make it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

ok is the poll asking if you met your bf/gf/partner/lover/fb in UCD or is it asking if you're single or not?

:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

No girls even talk to me yet alone get intimate with my sexy body around this place!!!! :(

Advertisement