Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romance in UCD?

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

No I have not. Damn it anyway!
    i made a mistake - i was really looking for a "i've gone out with people in UCD but currently am a singleton"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

I have a theory on the lack of lovin' in UCD.....girls!

Simply if girls went out and went up to guys and made moves then we would double the chances of romance in UCD!

Come on girls, give it your best shot!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Excellent work TheVan. Got your thinking cap on. Now all you need to do is take off your ugly* cap and you're away.

*TheVan is beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Red Alert wrote:
    i made a mistake - i was really looking for a "i've gone out with people in UCD but currently am a singleton"

Actually you did it right. I was only wondering whether anybody had found romance in the college. I see so many hot girls in this place but it's difficult to get the chance to talk to them.

I mean, how do you break the ice to begin with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I mean, how do you break the ice to begin with?

"Hello" usually works. And then just talk casually. They're not looking for a one line chat up line that sweeps them off their feet. Just be yourself!

• Advertisement

irlrobins wrote:
    "Hello" usually works. And then just talk casually. They're not looking for a one line chat up line that sweeps them off their feet. Just be yourself!

Hello seems awkward around a complete stranger though don't you think? If I'm sitting beside an attractive girl I'd rather ask her a question about something than just say 'Hi' but maybe that's just me? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

panda100 wrote:
    ahh thats so cute-i love the word 'courting'-i say we should start a revival of that word!
    Oh were shall I start with the UCD dating scene......
    Back when I was a bashful first year I really liked our class rep.We hung out loads but i was way to shy to make a move.Anyway med ball night was on fireworks night,so the whole class was having a great time dancing when class rep came up to me and said do you want to go outside for a breath of fresh air.So we were outside talking under this willow tree,he offered me his jacket and then we kissed.And then to top it off fireworks went off in the distance so we stopped to watch them,quite magical really.But then i kinda went off him so we broke up.

Went out with another guy who I fancied since 2nd year,always used to see him round college.Then in 3rd year by coincidence I lived with a girl who knew him.So one day I went up to him really drunk in the student bar and started trying to be all witty and funny but I probably was saying stupid things!:o Anyway,must have said something alright cos a year later he asked me out!

Is one of them Tommy?

Hello seems awkward around a complete stranger though don't you think?

If you can't turn to someone, smile, and say "Hello" then there's sadly no hope for you. A smile will get you much further than "Did you get those notes from tutorial?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Have I found romance?
    Yes. Yes I have.

Excellent work TheVan. Got your thinking cap on. Now all you need to do is take off your ugly* cap and you're away.

*TheVan is beautiful

Amazing....a messenger to spread the gospel....now all I need is a female of the species to be converted!

• Advertisement

The only converting of females you can do is to lesbianism

TheVan wrote:
    [/B]

Amazing....a messenger to spread the gospel....now all I need is a female of the species to be converted!

Pics?

Joke

irlrobins wrote:
    If you can't turn to someone, smile, and say "Hello" then there's sadly no hope for you. A smile will get you much further than "Did you get those notes from tutorial?"

I would agree with you when outside college but in college everyone seems so uptight and self-absorbed. Like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders. They don't look like they'd welcome a hello.

Maybe it's worth trying out though I suppose.

We could all have a go in the run up to Valentine's and see if we can change our situations!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Or how about a singletons Boards Beers on the 14th?

Or how about a singletons Boards Beers on the 14th?

That just reeks of sadness....... :p

irlrobins wrote:
    That just reeks of sadness....... :p

See ya there so? :v:

Well Pythia I was in your finance class!

In response to your most gracious request for a photo....I'm sorry I will have to say no.....just keep your eyes peeled for someone like my avatar in Quinn!

Hahah I never noticed the resembleance!

So were about 300 others!
    Hope you did well in Finance anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Sangre wrote:
    The only converting of females you can do is to lesbianism

Q giant bust up in IB Law tommorow!!! Ill do referee!! PLus we can have special guest stewart from B+L (Intervarsities Junior Boxing Champion)

No blows below the belt gentlemen, keep it clean!

(in a celebrity deathmatch way) LETS GET IT ON!

I'd say Mr.Dungannon would definately be up for it. He hates IB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

There should be World Aid organised Speed Dating in the student bar on Valentines Day, so I expect to see all you there! It'll be a laugh, and it's for charity!!

Back on topic, I didnt meet my boyfriend in UCD, but he goes here too! or did, before he temporarily dropped out!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

beanyb wrote:
    Back on topic, I didnt meet my boyfriend in UCD, but he goes here too! or did, before he temporarily dropped out!
    I thought you were gay.

I thought you were gay.

Was that not one of their friends posting under her name?

Oooh, what are you going to do for your 1000th post Pythia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Pythia wrote:
    Is one of them Tommy?

Nah,twas hugh and finny b.
    Ah beany b is a world aider-i booked the stu bar for 14th so will be great craic!Im telling you guys it'l be a great laugh and will be very dissapointed if no singly boardies dont turn up!Since I am longer running in elections i wont be harrasing anyone for votes too:p

panda100 wrote:
    Since I am longer running in elections

what????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

panda100 wrote:
    Nah,twas hugh and finny b.
    Ah beany b is a world aider-i booked the stu bar for 14th so will be great craic!Im telling you guys it'l be a great laugh and will be very dissapointed if no singly boardies dont turn up!Since I am longer running in elections i wont be harrasing anyone for votes too:p
    Ahh why not? :( I was moved by your enthusiasm in your PM! Not moved enough to DO anything, but... still... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

we are behind you pandi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

edited to delete original text!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Sorry to hear that panda, think you would've done a really good job. Are you absolutely sure you won't reconsider?

On-topic: I dunno which option to pick in the poll. I mean, I'm single now, but I've gone out with a few while in UCD. So in a sense I have found romance. But... It sucked, tbh. Probably one of the reasons I'm so f**ked up. And I'm single now so... F**k it, I'll choose that one.

/clicks mouse

Advertisement