Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China's economic system

Options
  • 31-01-2006 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

I'm basically tring to find differences between the Irish economic system and that of China. From what I see, both are pretty similar, having a tripartite system between employers, employees and the government. The one big difference though is that in China the government control the unions.

Comments

Quite different really. Size, Composition, Openess, Global Influence, Resources, Role of Politics, Exchange Rate Regime etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

i think there's a few other big differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think you'll find that China doesn't need to import people to fill the jobs that the Chinese won't do. There are also 2,500 Chinese people to every Irish person...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

And of course in this country we get periodic opportunities to sack the governing parties and replace them with an alternative. Even ask for that in the PRC and they will drive a tank over you or imprison you and use you as slave labour and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

But the system basically seems to be the same. Wages and conditions are agreed at tripartite negotiations.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    Wages and conditions are agreed at tripartite negotiations.
    Only in the public sector really. The majority of wages are agreed between employer and employee directly. Minimum conditions are imposed by the Government, not agreed upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

seamus wrote:
    Only in the public sector really. The majority of wages are agreed between employer and employee directly. Minimum conditions are imposed by the Government, not agreed upon.

Has anyone got any good sources about the Chinese economic system I could read?

I was referring to the Irish setup, just to avoid any confusion...

Advertisement