Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exercise program.

Options
  • 31-01-2006 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

So i'm a lazy basterd...and so's my housemate.

So we came up with a stupid exercise program as a joke. Picking up 2 cheap dance mats from a gameshop he works at, we go through 20 or so rounds of tekken 5 each day as a form of exercise. (i'm not taking it overally seriously, still go swimming but its alot of fun).

And i was wondering if anyone can think of other games that work well with dance mats i should try.

the only realy restriction for these is that there are no shoulder buttons or analogue controls. So the obvious choice is usually a beat em up of sort.

but i wouldnt mind a racing game or something where you can change the controls or something.

Something that requires a bit of pace would be best (turn based RPGs should work but no real exercise.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Tetris :)

Oh so many drunken moments of hilarity.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

can you get tetris on ps2? (stupid question you can get tetris on every console)

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    can you get tetris on ps2? (stupid question you can get tetris on every console)

I got it on a PS1 disc Tetris Plus its called.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Playstation-1-Tetris-Plus-game_W0QQitemZ8254010146QQcategoryZ3719QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Theres another one for Ps1 thats 2 player at same time.

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The dance dance revolution games, duh. They even have a calorie burning mode. Get yourself a proper dance stage with a bar if you want to go near the highest difficulty. If you can do them you will be wasted away to olsen twin dress sizes within a week.

Capcom beat'em ups are also good. It's an achievement to pull off any special move.

hmm think i'll give my sonic collection a go (Sonic CD with a dancemat...) but will try and get a street fighter game for it...and tetris if its cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

you can play tekken 5 with the dance mat!! holy crap i wanna try this. it sounds like the ultimate drunk game.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The dance dance revolution games, duh. They even have a calorie burning mode. Get yourself a proper dance stage with a bar if you want to go near the highest difficulty. If you can do them you will be wasted away to olsen twin dress sizes within a week.

They get boring real quick hearing the same damn song over and over and over and over again.
    I am terrified of the night im drunk in a nightclub and Jamelia Superstar comes on, i will get 4.5 million points!!!!!

Other games keep you sane, like tetris drunk or a car game with acc set to forward and brake set to back :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Have you thought about trying Eye Toy Kinetic? It's specifically designed as a fitness program using the EyeToy. Also... Athens 2004. Or International Track and Field, or any other buttonbasher like that.

Kiith wrote:
    you can play tekken 5 with the dance mat!! holy crap i wanna try this. it sounds like the ultimate drunk game.

it can be quite addictive...esp when someone demands to try a game while handstanding (someone holds their legs up and they try a fight...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

What Dance Dance/ Dance UK games are good? I worked in a gameshop for a while and never paid much attention to them until I played around on the Mario one for the GC. I got myself a PS2 mat and one of the games for real cheap (Dance UK XL) but it's really ancient and the songs are a tad dodgy. Any good new ones out there? I'm not into R&B at all. I love all those cheesy songs you get on the big arcade style machines but all the games I've seen have been a bit naff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement