Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

keXX32.exe

• 31-01-2006 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Ok well a number of my programs simply crash after opening them.
    i believe this file is a virus which is causing the problem..
    In msconfig in the start up tab, it states the file is located in
    C:\Windows\System32\keXX32.exe !!

however i cannot find the file in the folder to delete it nor does my anti virus software pick it up...
    what do i do?
    I tryed disabling it in start up but it re enables itself.

thanks in advance for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

it's poss the file is hidden

assuming you have xp:

open my comp
    tools > folder options > view tab

is 'do not show hidden files and folders' ticked?

if so select the 'show' option.

can you see the file in C:\Windows\System32 now??

btw - are you sure the file extension is .exe
    check it - i think you meant .dll

google search for keXX32 turns up only dll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

yeah i included hidden files
    in the startup tab in msconfig, it does list it as a .exe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

try looking for it in safe mode. Also, when you do disable it in msconfig, open regedit and remove it from there also.

thanks for the info.
    ill give it ago now.

i just cant solve this.
    I tryed norton didnt work.
    and a lot of spyware programs..

So whats not working in msn messenger, net messenger.
    They close after i try to sign in.
    Skype wont open up at all.
    internet explorer closes when it comes to logging into web sites like ebay...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 arbiter

yeah, i have not solve this problem either, i have same problem with you
    "kexx32" is detected as trojan by AVG anti virus.

i am using SSM (system safety monitor) and it detected that winlogon has kexx32.dll on it dll library.

but if u kill winlogon process,it will destroy ur current login, blue screen will appear.

is anybody can help this problem??

i ended up reinstalling windows..
    my computer was just messing up too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Bodan

I just had a similar problem with a trojan recently . Luckily i had a dual boot and the trojan was well documented . Theres seems to be no info on this , but there is 2 ways i would go about it .

Check out this program called Unlocker , It will allow you to unlock the file so you can delete it . You will also need to remove references to kexx32.exe in the registry when you got rid .

If that dont work boot into dos and delete it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gate

I did the following: (i had got the same problem on one of my girlfriends PC)

There were NORTON SW (antivirus) 2005 installed on this PC

I stoped to load all messenger program at windows aturtup (msn -skype etc)
    First run the PC in Safe Mode.. start - run - regedit - search for kexx32 ..and delete all key and everything (folders too !! in registry) under this name .. you wont be able to delete everything . but delete all the rest

After start the PC in normal mode now the PC was much more faster, install the programm called UNLOCKER .. search for kexx32.dll in WINDOWS/system32/ browse to the file with explorer- right klick on this kexx32.dll and choose UNLOCKEr
    In this program klick on this dll.. which are host by winlogon.exe choose 'free up' 'unlock' this dll (or I dont know how is it called in the english wersion because I have got Hungarian ;) ) it's important that do not choose stop or abort because then the PC will restart..
    after this dll was unlocked the norton deleted immediately ! so the dll was deleted..

This is how I did and it worked... I hope I could help with this

Bye guys

Gate (HUN)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 arbiter

well,... i think "gate" was right..
    i sugest to follow his step, altough i didnt do the same thing, but he was right.

i found that kexx32.dll was hooked with winlogon,
    but i dont have UNLOCKER software on my PC. so i must trace it manually.:eek:

i shut down one by one every service my PC loaded (both appear on systray or not). so finally,.... i found it..!! it was hooked with one of my program : "Download Accelerator Plus". gotcha..!

then, i uninstall this software out of my PC :rolleyes: . and it done baby..!!

well, i'm just sharring my case, maybe there is different case on your PC.
    so i think, u should use UNLOCKER on your PC. i wanna try it too ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement