Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Dilemma!

• 31-01-2006 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hiya, this is my first time posting but i need your help girls! OK about 4 months ago, I dyed my hair red. ( my hair was originally medium brown). It grew out pretty quick and the roots were brutal so my friend put in copper and brown tint to lighten it. Now my hair is in bits and i really just want to get it back to my original colour. I cant go to the hairdresser because i suffer from panic attacks and I dont want to ask my friend again!
    Would it be a bad idea to dye it brown and if so, do i have to dye it a darker brown to my own colour because of the red in it? please help :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Get a colour as close to your own as possible, and use this, get some very intensive conditioner, and use it when you wash your hair. My hair is strong, so it fights back but intensive conditioner is always a good start, perhaps Loreal Elvive (red) it's for coloured hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

user11035 wrote:
    Hiya, this is my first time posting but i need your help girls! OK about 4 months ago, I dyed my hair red. ( my hair was originally medium brown). It grew out pretty quick and the roots were brutal so my friend put in copper and brown tint to lighten it. Now my hair is in bits and i really just want to get it back to my original colour. I cant go to the hairdresser because i suffer from panic attacks and I dont want to ask my friend again! Would it be a bad idea to dye it brown and if so, do i have to dye it a darker brown to my own colour because of the red in it? please help :o

The red colour would have had to strip your hair in order for it to be able to take the red colour on. in my own personal experience you should be able to go straight to brown. But because your hair has been prelightened to take the red, you will probably have to recolour it in a few weeks, just keep a rich brown look.
    Buy some good deep conditioners to get your hair back in order.
    Again, it does no harm to ask the lady in the chemist for tips.
    Good luck with it anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 user11035

Thanks a million girlies! x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Yes you should be able to cover it with a brown colour- maybe try a semi permanaent first to see how it turns out? Boots botanics colours are excellent and leave your hair very shiny. Bitter chocolate is a rich dark brown. I know you said you were worried about goign to the hairdressers but maybe you could call one to come over to your place instead of you going to them? I know some smaller hairdressers do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I know you said you were worried about goign to the hairdressers but maybe you could call one to come over to your place instead of you going to them? I know some smaller hairdressers do that.

Exactly chica, a lot of hairdressers do nixers so you might want to do this, especially if your hair is in bits. Just ask a mate to ask their regular hairdressers. The guy who does my hair is part-owner of a salon on the Southside and does house visits regularly. He's really good! If you live Southside PM me and I'll send you his details. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement