Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How often do you see them?

• 31-01-2006 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey guys, just wondering what are peoples general opinions of how much is a normal amount to see your bf/gf?

Basically im with my girlfriend for 3 years and see her every day of the week, either after work or college, i think this is too much, we need to spend more time apart, absence makes the heart grow founder etc... but i know she doesnt feel the same and she just wants to spend every day together.

How often do you see your bf/gf?

How often do you see them? 49 votes

Once a week
    0% 0 votes
    2/3 times a week
    18% 9 votes
    4/5 times a week
    42% 21 votes
    6/7 times a week
    38% 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

In college with her so see her every day of week (mon to fri) and then she goes home weekend (sat n sun) and i dont see her. I guess it depends on the couple. Some people can see a lot of each other, others would go mad and need much more space.

My bf and I need our own space away from each other - I think every day would be too much, if it was for a lot of the day. I see him maybe 3-4 days a week and spend forever on the phone.
    If you need your own space, tell her that. She should understand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

depends, i saw him almost every day over christmas, but less now that im back in college. it really depends on the situation, my bf lives very near me, so he'll often call down maybe just for 2/3 hours in the evening to watch a movie or something, so we might see eachother 4/5 times a week, but its often not for that long, and i have plenty of other things going on in my life. if it was all day every day i'd probably go a bit mad and never get anything done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I see him every day (but also would go out with my friends for the night without him) - then again, we are getting married in just over 4 months time and are trying to buy a particular house at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We live together, but due to work, I would only see him for a max of 2-3 hours in the evening. Weekends are different though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

most days for a few hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

howoften wrote:
    How often do you see your bf/gf?

Why are you seeing here everyday? I mean are you going out of your way to see her or do you just have nothing else on?

Seeing each other everyday when you aren't living with each other seems a bit strange. i'm surprised you haven't killed each other by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I see my bf for a while nearly every Fri, Sat & Sun. Then normally for a couple of hours 1 night during the week.

I'd actually be quite happy to see him more than that, but I'm also happy to see him just that amount if that's what he's happy with.

I suppose it makes time WITH him all the more special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Haven't seen my gf in almost a year, she's travelling around the world at the mo. But when she was in Ireland, we'd see each other a couple of nights during mon to fri and usually all weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Saw each other every day, moved in together after 3months, married 4yrs later :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

howoften wrote:
    How often do you see your gf?

Everyday as we live together, been with her best part of years now but only living with her 5 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

As much as possible during the week and need one night to get mangled with the lads and then the rest of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

I live in Lucan and go to BCFE and my fianceé lives in Athlone and goes to college in Cavan, so I only get to see her on weekends. And now that I'm working it's going to be even less. It was grand at first because, yknow, absense makes the heart grow fonder. But now it really gets me down. So I don't think seeing your better half every day is such a bad thing. Not if you love 'em anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Wicknight wrote:
    Why are you seeing here everyday? I mean are you going out of your way to see her or do you just have nothing else on?

well sometimes i am yea... like id get home after work/college, maybe spend an hour or so at home and then spend the rest of the night with her, and to be honest it often annoys me cos i do a lot of work on stuff outside of college and work and she sees these things as just something thats taking me away from her.

to me its like i prefer to only see her 3/4 days a week and spend quality time together rather than see her every night and do nothing which is what we do now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

where's the once a month or longer option? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

I'm the same, often go straight to her's after work, if I delay i get the third degree, even if I have to stay late at work, she'd be on the phone asking what time I'll be in and if I'm late, I'd get the cold shoulder.... as you put it anything that does not involve her, she thinks that I'd rather do something that spend time with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Racheal Green

In my previous relationship(a year)we used to see each other every day then we decided we were spending so much time together that he asked me to move in with him, then i went back to college and work in Galway and broke up. New guy is in college with me, but we both need our space so we meet 3 days midweek and then do something special at the weekend like cinema,dvd etc..so going by experience 3 days is best. Enough time to talk about whats happening during the week and enough time to make the heart grow fonder and not be sufficated by each others company..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

howoften wrote:
    well sometimes i am yea... like id get home after work/college, maybe spend an hour or so at home and then spend the rest of the night with her, and to be honest it often annoys me cos i do a lot of work on stuff outside of college and work and she sees these things as just something thats taking me away from her.

to me its like i prefer to only see her 3/4 days a week and spend quality time together rather than see her every night and do nothing which is what we do now.

Do you think maybe you should discuss this with her?

I can appreciate what you're saying though.. I see my gf maybe 2 days a week, usually the weekend. I very much like my own time and space, as does she. But we don't live very close to eachother either, so that's another factor..

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I don't think there's a maximum on how often you see your partner. There is however a minimum on how often you do other things.

Every man needs to go out and get recked(or whatever his preferred entertainment is) with the lads once or twice a week. A good balance is needed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lately it's been about 3 times a week, and only for an hour or two during a break in college. Every fortnight or so I'll go to her house or vice versa, and we'll watch a film, etc.

I went to school with her as well, so last year I'd see her every day and then on the weekends.

I actually prefer the way it's going now. I need my space or I get a little tense, and last year I'd always be really quiet and drained and depressed when I was with her too much.

But yesterday we met up in college after having not seen each other in a few days, and I was happy and chatty and funny and stuff, and we both enjoyed it more!

So, about 3 times a week, and that's sufficient for the moment :)

DaveMcG wrote:
    I actually prefer the way it's going now. I need my space or I get a little tense, and last year I'd always be really quiet and drained and depressed when I was with her too much.

Haha I know the exact feeling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Talliesin wrote:
    I don't think there's a maximum on how often you see your partner. There is however a minimum on how often you do other things.

that pretty much sums it up!
    i see my bf bout 2/3 days a week, if i could id like to see him a bit more , but im happy with how things are now too-absence makes the heart grow fonder and it means we value eachothers company even more when we are together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Talliesin wrote:

as was said above that sums it up, perfect reply OP need look no further

Advertisement