Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sabbat elections

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Seriously tintinr35, I don't mind people criticising my political and moral convictions, so long as its substantiated, but I think hullabaloo calling me a 'fcuking cnut' is well out of order. Its foolish to think of it as anything short of an epithet, an insult, a vulgarity and a slur.

Regards,
    Darren Cogavin

Report post so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Darren realx.I'm sure Hullabaloo did not mean this as a personal insult to you.He probably was just saying it to reasuure me cos I was a bit upset after the last time we spoke.So dont take it personally and welcome to Boards.....woah what an entrance!I think we have someone to rival sangre at last :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Darren Cogavin for president

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

LOL cogavin upset over people abusing him, the irony of it all. :D

daRobot wrote:
    Darren Cogavin for president

Sarcasm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Seriously tintinr35, I don't mind people criticising my political and moral convictions, so long as its substantiated, but I think hullabaloo calling me a 'fcuking cnut' is well out of order. Its foolish to think of it as anything short of an epithet, an insult, a vulgarity and a slur.

Regards,
    Darren Cogavin

ok well here we go, i disagree with everything you stand for
    you said in another thread
    As a Marxist-Leninist and anti-imperialist

do u people not get it READ THE HISTORY BOOKS. this kind of sh1t DOES NOT WORK, it never has, its theoretical and it never will work.

your presence is an insult, a vulgarity and a slur. tbh

tintinr35 wrote:
    ok well here we go, i disagree with everything you stand for
    you said in another thread

do u people not get it READ THE HISTORY BOOKS. this kind of sh1t DOES NOT WORK, it never has, its theoretical and it never will work.

your presence is an insult, a vulgarity and a slur. tbh

Ah, it has entertainment value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Pythia wrote:
    Sarcasm?

Mary harney for ents ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 VenusInFurs

scop wrote:
    LOL cogavin upset over people abusing him, the irony of it all. :D

Scop, do you not think I am a sensitive man capable of shedding the occasional tear at the conclusion of Titanic?

I am a product of the post-industrial and post-modern age. We didn't have mines in Co. Roscommon, where hours of gruelling intensive labour would toughen me up and make me a 'big man'. I have feelings too, you know. Behind this tough facade of the anti-hero is a little boy, yearning to be loved.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Scop, do you not think I am a sensitive man capable of shedding the occasional tear at the conclusion of Titanic?

I am a product of the post-industrial and post-modern age. We didn't have mines in Co. Roscommon, where hours of gruelling intensive labour would toughen me up and make me a 'big man'. I have feelings too, you know. Behind this tough facade of the anti-hero is a little boy, yearning to be loved.......

:D Good reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Sorry moderators, is this type of personal abuse acceptable?

I do apologise, I wasn't here. (I do have a life outside of Boards.ie believe it or not :p ) Hullabaloo....personal abuse is bad mmkaaay.

Also, I am only going to say this once folks before the election fever well and truly takes hold.....there will be no personal abuse against any candidates tolerated. If you have a problem with the policies/views of a candidate then feel free to voice that disagreement in a mature manner.

Personal abuse will result in a banning.

Isnt it funnny how at this time of year poachers and predators can turn up in the least place you expect to hunt down endagenered species.Theres only a couple of hundred pandas left in the wild you know.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I have feelings too, you know. Behind this tough facade of the anti-hero is a little boy, yearning to be loved.......

Fair play to Darren, at least he came to the SnaG Speed Dating... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 VenusInFurs

Seriously like, I have a reputation to protect! The indignity of it all. Imagine telling your mates you met your girlfriend through speed-dating? Oh, the abuse I'd receive.....

Did you notice the Rose of Tralee giving me the eye all night? I heard she has a boyfriend, which explains why she didn't come over to say 'dia duit'. She knows that if you play with fire, you'll only get burnt. Beautiful AND intelligent.

It'd break your heart, wouldn't it?

Back on topic thanks.

Students union elections bla bla bla.... all we want is a year out (paid)...protest after endless protest that never achieves anything blah blah student union politics what a load of tripe!

Had to laugh though today when I read the observer and poor "shell shocked" Dan Hayden was publicly humiliated for those stupid comments that he made during the interview with the independent, and the way he was trying to back out of it in the article in the ever so "independent" observer

Wouldn’t want any bad press when your seeking re election now would you Dan!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Am I the only person that doesnt have a clue who this Darren Cogavin chap is? Should I know or are you just another of those Union hacks that only people involved in the Union know anything about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

beanyb wrote:
    Am I the only person that doesnt have a clue who this Darren Cogavin chap is?

I don't either and tbh I couldn't give a flying fuck about who's who in SU.

Nicked from ucdsu.net:

PRESIDENT
    Duffy, Enda (2 Arts)
    Hayden, Dan (Welfare Vice-President)
    Ni Threasaigh, Orla (2 Commerce International)

DEPUTY PRESIDENT VICE-PRESIDENT
    Curran, David (Deputy President Vice-President)

EDUCATION VICE-PRESIDENT
    Doyle, Brian (2 Commerce)
    O'Hanlon, Kate (2 Arts)

WELFARE VICE-PRESIDENT
    Colfer, Barry (2 BBLS)
    Killeen, Michelle (2 Arts)
    O'Donovan Elisa (3 Medicine)

ENTERTAINMENTS VICE-PRESIDENT
    Canny, Brian (3 Science)
    Donohoe, Enda (Arts)
    Hartshorn, James (3 Arts)
    Irvine, Holly (4 Arts International)
    O Duinn, Eoghan (3 Commerce)
    Redmond, Dave (2 Arts)

If anyone has a clue who Hartshorn or O Duinn are, we'd all love to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Did you notice the Rose of Tralee giving me the eye all night? I heard she has a boyfriend, which explains why she didn't come over to say 'dia duit'. She knows that if you play with fire, you'll only get burnt. Beautiful AND intelligent.

G'wan Darren ''Casanova'' Cogavin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

Is Enda Donohue the guy who runs the archaeology soc? Or am I thinking of someone totally different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Wrong enda i think...

The one ur thinkin of mite actually be 'boneless', on this very forum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

Enda Donohue is a DJ on BFM and does Centre Beats in the centre bar. He posts on here but i cant remember his handle, though its quite witty.

Thats if im thinking of the right guy... which i may not be...

Boneless is Enda from the Archaeology Society, AKA Dead Soc

Enda Donohue is a DJ on BFM and does Centre Beats in the centre bar. He posts on here but i cant remember his handle, though its quite witty.

Thats if im thinking of the right guy... which i may not be...

Boneless is Enda from the Archaeology Society, AKA Dead Soc
    is that not grimes??

tintinr35 wrote:
    is that not grimes??

No, Grimes is the mod of the Archaeology board here on boards.ie while Enda is the auditor of the Archaeology society in UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Sweet merciful Allah, those stuck-in-the-past freaks are takin' over the world, man!!!:eek:

Run for your sanity, look what Archaeology did to boneless and Grimes!
    Don't let it happen to you!

I by the way, and your not getting a serious case of Deja vu here, but I have withdrawn my nomination from the welfare race. I will run next year when I am more prepared and clued up on Union politics to run!! so great,now I am not a nominee I can give the inside info on the candidates!:D

Seriously for welfare vote Barry colfer.He is the soundest,nicest guy I've met in a long time.He is totally dedicated to the job and will do a great job in welfare..But I wish both candidates the best of luck and look forward to working with them in welfare next year,whoever wins.

Dan Hayden is the most dedicated,unassuming,amazing guy I have met this year(apart from you seb the bum of course!)He is running purely out of a want to the help students and make the su a better place and not due to any step up in the political ladder.He has done so much in welfare this year,sorting out the whole creche problem and taking none of the credit,shows what a modest guy he is.Himself and Dan have been incredibly welcoming to me this year when I was helping out Dave with the fairtrade camous and Dan with his welfare policies so from my point of view they'll be getting panda's votes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Dear god woman, make up your mind!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

With the greatest of respect Elisa, does Barry know that you sent emails around to people asking them to support you and not him because he's "right-wing" (your words, not mine), and does Dan know that you asked another presidential candidate for their support in return for yours?

Seems slightly disingenuous to me.

Advertisement