Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sabbat elections

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

well look who it is!!!! ya ould traitor get back to the dcu forum (do they even have one) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

but...but I have no friends there! They do have one, but as its only marginally more active than the UCC one you're stuck with me here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

scop wrote:
    If you wish to prove beyond all doubt that such a thing is the case, you will need to provide photgraphic evidence, this evidence of course will be printed in the Tribune, thus appearing as it oft does magically beside the blob or outside the library, said shocking picture will be mused over by said student populace generally in the toilets but also by what has been usefully categorized in UCD's bustling cosmopolitan society as hacks, who will come 7 o clok when only the old remain puff away on ciggarillos together shocked (to say the least if one can indeed do such a thing) at said tribune picture taken by said aforementioned poster who said he had indeed ten toes, of which there is clearly one more than would be needed in said situation most notably that of walking.

I can also confirm that Órla Ní Threasaigh has 10 toes too. Alas, I cannot confirm the same for Dan or Enda. Which is a pity, really, because we all know that a deficiency of toes leads to some sort of bizarre dictatorship where the only free speech is afforded to the topic of 'Which Was The Best Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Is she going down as Orla Tracey or the Irish version on the ballot?

As far as I know she's going down as Ní Threasaigh.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

is there a problem with the use of the Gaeilge? i feel discriminated against that the college doesn't allow me the same free bilingual choice that the Irish state does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

the college doe soffer you the same choice it's constitutionally required to.

As far as I know any student can run under any name they like. Dan Hayden's student card says 'Daniel', for example, and he appeared on the ballots as Dan. It's really whatever name you want to put down on your nomination form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Damn, I should have run for something so I could be put down as Tinkerbelle. Ents maybe... I don't want to win, I just want there to be a Tinkerbelle on the ballot papers. Speaking of Ents... what's with all the candidates? I have personal issues with some of them, I think some are great and have no idea who others are, but still, there are plenty of them.

Do they all have 10 toes too?

[Blush's rant] I don't think people should run for office if nobody has a clue who they are. If you care enough about something to run for SU you should care enough to get involved in something to do with the causes relating to said position throughout the year and make yourself known to people. Arriving and expecting to be elected just because you managed to get the required number of signatures drives me mental. As does over the top harrassment-style canvassing. If Dave Curran's (or anyone elses, but he was the main culprit last year and I wanted to SCREAM) campaign team downright harrass me again this year, I will actually scream. I was chased the entire length of the library tunnel by an over-zealous fresher canvassing for him. I had to physically push her out of the way so I could get to my class - NOT on. To all of you running for something, keep a tighter reign on your campaign team. And best of luck. [/Blush's rant.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I wanna go on the ballot... I love dancing in a Tutu...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Pfft... You dance in a Tutu most of the time anyway mate, why would being on the ballot make any impact whatsoever?!?

Off-topic: Wy the fcuk am I still up and posting on boards? I have to be up at 7 tomorro *whimper*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Blush_01 wrote:

[Blush's rant] I don't think people should run for office if nobody has a clue who they are. If you care enough about something to run for SU you should care enough to get involved in something to do with the causes relating to said position throughout the year and make yourself known to people. Arriving and expecting to be elected just because you managed to get the required number of signatures drives me mental.

I don't think that the fact that people don't have a clue who someone is necesserily means that they's had their thumb up their arse all year. I can only speak about myself on this issue (and I hope that no one interprets this as campagning, it's just that out of all the candidates I know me best), but siting on the education committee, academic council and attending meeting after head-wrecking meeting about modularisation and semesterisation doesn't exactly get my face out there, nor should it but these low-profile, zero-kudos jobs have to be done too.

Advertisement