Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison cell

Options
  • 01-02-2006 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

i just started to lern lightings :) here are results
    first test
    lighttest6ro.jpg

second test

test_scene_by_LMAOLMAO.jpg

third test

hallway9ka.jpg

some ps :D

bloodcopy2wf.jpg

am trying very hard to get the lights right, takes alot of time and tests , :cry:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

This is missing something...
    sharpjaws wrote:
    bloodcopy2wf.jpg

am trying very hard to get the lights right, takes alot of time and tests , :cry:

bloodcopydoomed.jpg

...fixed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

They look great sharpjaws. Though I do question where the light is actually coming from - the prison/corridor seems to go on into darkness. Reminds me of HL2 ;)

That looks better than Doom 3 CuLT :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

hi,
    dont forget that light bounces off whatever it hits (unless it is completely diffuse black) and affects its surroundings

for example on the third test the floor is very overexposed - there is nothing wrong with this in general but here it does not fit in with the rest of the scene - the light should bounce onto the surrounding walls and even the celling making them brigher (try adding ambient only omni lights with low intensity and attenuation under the floor) also if you are sticking with the overexposed look the image will look 100% better if you just make the end of the corridor (currently all black) white instead - making it more logical as to where the light is coming from.

good luck

mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭sharpjaws

dsefs3yp.jpg

here i have 2 versions

36qs.jpg

k i did a new scene for some diffrent lightings, turned out great http://www.deviantart.com/view/28523011/

• Advertisement

got few lights comming from unknown places but it;s getting better tho hallway_by_LMAOLMAO.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

sharpjaws wrote:

bloodcopy2wf.jpg

CuLT is right, its missing zombies! I've added some for flavour

n3ky8h.jpg

hemm, yeah.. lol am doing new stuff right now test43sp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

OoooO, nice prison :p

lol
    test675hk.jpg