Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erractic BB modem behaviour

• 01-02-2006 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

I have a ZyXEL Prestige 600 modem supplied by UTV. A fortnight ago I had a serious Windows crash (or so it tells me). Since then my modem hasn't worked right.

Initially I was getting an error 769 although the DSL was present.
    Then it decided it wasn't installed properly.
    Went through the uninstall/reisntall process (Pc would freeze on the re-install)
    Changed all physical components - modem, cable, usb cable even the filter.
    When I plugged the box back in again the install wizard wasn't there.
    Then it seems it was finishing a previous install
    Modem worked fine - even saw I was upgraded to 2Mb
    It seems that every other time I reboot the PC there is a problem with the modem. Either it doesn't appear or it does and the hardware is not installed. Other times it functions as advertised!

Any idea on what might be causing this problem?

I'm running Win Xp.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

No expert here, but would a system restore be any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Tried that and it won't allow me.

It seems if I boot up and if the modem doesn't function the DSL light stays off. However, if I plus in and out the USB cable the DSL light starts flashing and everything works.

Could I have a USB problem?

Advertisement