Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rugged raw dublin rap - intox and butcher boy

• 01-02-2006 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

check out www.myspace.com/intoxeire

new choon called sweet dreams

does not represent the final cd version

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Collie Collins

sketch, irish hip-hop!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Leg it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

help me Jeebus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

im goin to completly honest, i havnt heard a single irish hip hop act that i like so far (havnt really tried much tbh) but i did like that, the accent normally annoys me but it actually sounded good on that track (the one featuring someone cant remember the name)

good luck with the rappin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TheVerBal1

Listen to MessiahJ and the Expert^^^ the accent isnt as prominent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

I suppose the delivery is ok and the flow is good but the whole Dublin accent in rhyming does absolutly nothing for my. And must someone really rap about being a scum bag and joyriding cars and robbing grannies and lighting fires and ****. It doesn't do much for me sorry.

An idea for a dublin rapper would be to put a slight slant on their accent for certain words, like you know the way theres one universal singing voice that on matter where a singer is from you cant tell until you actually hear them talking, you know what i mean.

With a slight american twing in the accent they could be on to a good thing. And i dont mean "lets pretend i'm a gangsta from the hood of Brooklyn or Compton", just lay of fthe common Dublin sound in the raps, and maybe irish hip hop will actually go somewhere.

BTW does anyone know if Your man Collie has actually sold many if any albums outside Ireland, Anywhere at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Why don't you drop him a pm, he made the first reply on the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I suggest you guys try and find some stuff by the Third Eye Surfers. Started in Limerick, are now in the States and working on their first album. Doing pretty well over there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

SHAMS

Thats the exact word that comes to mind when I hear Irish people trying to do this. RAP is bad enough without paddys trying to do it

Okay , just listened to the song and it's pretty decent. Some of the lines towards the end are solid, the nasa deal and the bombs part, very good.

The beat is decent, the chorus really needs to be changed up though, i'd make it rougher, have ten or 12 lads all doing it at the same time, really ripping it out.

All in all though you don't have a lot of presence man, you need to work on that. They ryhmes are pretty decent, but no one will give a **** if you can't make em listen to you.

Well done though, no bull**** about gatts and bitches, just some good solid stuff that i can personally relate to. Well done.

• Advertisement

Ag marbh wrote:
    SHAMS

Thats the exact word that comes to mind when I hear Irish people trying to do this. RAP is bad enough without paddys trying to do it

Here we go again. If Rap is band enough why post on the Rap/ Hp Hop board?

3rd Eye Surfers released an album already a few years ago.
    I thought they had broke up. I know DJ Wool was doing stuff in the States didn't hear anything about the rest of them.

As far as i am aware they are back doing some stuff, together, then again I could be wrong, it's been a while since i checked anything up on them. I know that Mike is recording alright.

BTW does anyone know if Your man Collie has actually sold many if any albums outside Ireland, Anywhere at all.

the album was an ireland-only release, but its been purchased via t'internet from australia, boston, uk and canada to name de few that i know of. couldnt tell ye how many though

p.s. yo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

i know you don't directly profit from it and there is the whole legality issue, but i did pass a copy of your album on to some people in australia collie. got to spread the message worldwide

i know you don't directly profit from it and there is the whole legality issue, but i did pass a copy of your album on to some people in australia collie. got to spread the message worldwide

why i oughta....!!!! ;)

nay bodger man, spread it like butter :)

p.s. yo

Collie's not a real rapper he didn't grab his crotch when he uttered that yo.

Ay Cee wrote:
    Collie's not a real rapper he didn't grab his crotch when he uttered that yo.

:D

word!!!! *grabs crotch*

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Anyway, does anyone actually agree with my post. the whole Dublin rap thing does nothing for me. Whats them lads called that played outside the point at the Snoop gig last year i didn't like them.Urban intelligents or something. There are hundreds of American acts that i still haven't got into that i will some day so for. so i'll lay off listening to Irish Rap.

Anyway, does anyone actually agree with my post. the whole Dublin rap thing does nothing for me. Whats them lads called that played outside the point at the Snoop gig last year i didn't like them.Urban intelligents or something. There are hundreds of American acts that i still haven't got into that i will some day so for. so i'll lay off listening to Irish Rap.

To be honest dude, all i'm hearing is that you need to look to America to find music you like just like 90% of the country. What's the big deal?

• Advertisement

Now that's more like it Collie, done with a bit of *oomph*

Advertisement