Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

like to hear from digiweb wireless users.

• 01-02-2006 4:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

hello digiweb has recently become available in my area so its the first broaband service in my area apart from satelite,but its digiweb wireless i am interested in and would like to hear some comments people that are using there service,whats it like speeds e.t.c. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

hawker27 wrote:
    hello digiweb has recently become available in my area so its the first broaband service in my area apart from satelite,but its digiweb wireless i am interested in and would like to hear some comments people that are using there service,whats it like speeds e.t.c. thanks.

Are you referring to metro?

If so there is like a 46 page thread on it in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'm on their ordinary wireless service and it has good and bad points so far.

I have yet to see a single packet lost on any pings I've done so far. Pings to boards.ie though are normally around 50 ms.

There has been no downtime so far, though the speeds recently are usually at about 200 kbps (should be 512 kbps). Did some investigating though and this could be down to a particular tree.

Support seems good enough. Email support on a Saturday morning was quicker than a phone call the following Monday:p

I guess it's their ordinary wireless you're on about? Unless you live nearby to one of the cities with metro coverage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I am using Digiweb "FWA" Fixed Wireless Access - the one with a white box on the front of the house.

Only once with downtime of 3 and half hours during 5 months. Excellent service. They are due to increase from 512k to 1mbit shortly.

Be sure not to plug out either the router or the airspan box tho as you have to sort them out after powercuts - i.e. plug in airspan fro 5 mins before switching on router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Personally I use the 'normal' service at home, i know - the irony of it all as there is no Metro where I live. Its a rock solid service :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Danno wrote:
    Only once with downtime of 3 and half hours during 5 months. Excellent service. They are due to increase from 512k to 1mbit shortly.
    Where did you hear about that? I like the sounds of it although I'd like a doubling of my existing speeds to what I'm supposed to have;). Any official word on this Chaz/Crawler?

• Advertisement

Danno, that is not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

yes referring to there normal rural type digi web wireless system.

hawker27 wrote:
    yes referring to there normal rural type digi web wireless system.

No upgrades planned on the 'normal' wireless systems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Using the Metro service where I live in Limerick. Had it installed in late November and its been solid so far. Can't really fault their support either they've always been quick to respond to emails or phone calls.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I think the OP is not talking about metro but the slower older FWA system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

OP: You'll be waiting for that DigiWeb wireless.

Advertisement