Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT...lying gits

• 01-02-2006 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

they said all existing customers should be upgraded to 2mb and 3mb respectively.
    when i rang them yesterday to find out why the hell i hadn't got my speed increase, they said that all exchanges should be running properly by this friday.
    wonder how much water that promise holds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The exchange upgrades are the responsibility of Eircom, not BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭-l-Z3k3-l-

is it Eircoms fault that BT said there would be a 2mb upgrade on the 23rd
    i don't think so

BT is at fault for its own marketing

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

-l-Z3k3-l- wrote:
    well smartarse
    i don't think so

Anymore personal abuse and I'll start banning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

-l-Z3k3-l- wrote:
    well smartarse
    i don't think so

that sort of attitude gets you nowhere . i suggest you read the small print .

where it is possible it will be increased . not everywhere .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Stop being so Obnoxious -l-Z3k3-l-

And YES it is eircoms fault as they control the exchanges!!!

• Advertisement

zuma wrote:
    Stop being so Obnoxious -l-Z3k3-l-

And YES it is eircoms fault as they control the exchanges!!!

as i said...is it eircoms fault that BT <
    yes thats BT there...sent people emails saying they would be upgraded to 2mb by the 23rd?

did eircom tell them to send out the mails and then screw them over?i doubt it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

-l-Z3k3-l- wrote:

We ARE a bit slow this morning, a nice Latté is yer only man.

Eirocm will fix your line when (or if) it suits them, I could give you an email address in Eircom but you MUST promise to be chilledY poohs and nice to them first !!!!!

Sponge Bob wrote:
    We ARE a bit slow this morning, a nice Latté is yer only man.

Eirocm will fix your line when (or if) it suits them, I could give you an email address in Eircom but you MUST promise to be chilledY poohs and nice to them first !!!!!

ah sure what can i say
    i'm argumentative

i know loads of lads working in eircom myself.

i'm impatient to get my 2mb connection and see how fast i can kill my 20gb cap
    =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

-l-Z3k3-l- wrote:
    yes thats BT there...sent people emails saying they would be upgraded to 2mb by the 23rd?

Try scrolling down to the bottom of the email.
    *Due to line quality characteristics, some customers may not experience the new speed increases in full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

Why even bother helping him out, it's his own stupidity for not reading the email.

• Advertisement

tck wrote:
    Why even bother helping him out, it's his own stupidity for not reading the email.

my god did you read my post. BT said to me it wouldn't be finished rolling out until this friday.....ie the 3rd of Feb, not the 23rd of Jan like they said in the mail. what i was pointing out was that it doesn't seem to be active for most or all users in ennis.

people are telling me calm down? sheesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

well , i was told the same thing , "all existing are done etc" but mine is still at 1mb. ( actually 856/128)

is there any reason other than BT/EIRCOM why I cannot get the new speed , since my line appears very good.

do i need to do anything , i have gone thruugh the zyxel 630 menues and reset the adsl etc, but no speed changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

-l-Z3k3-l- wrote:

Eircon own the exchange, lines and equipment that BT use for upgrades. Anything related to speed increases is Eircon's fault. EIRCON'S FAULT not BTs.

However seeing as you are so quick to dismiss this you obvisouly understand better than us how broadband is distributed to most people in Ireland and where the blame would lie in this situation. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

-l-Z3k3-l- wrote:
    what i was pointing out was that it doesn't seem to be active for most or all users in ennis.

I'm in Ennis, with BT, and I got the upgrade on Saturday the 21st. Maybe it's your line?
    -l-Z3k3-l- wrote:

Eircom, who own and control the exchanges, tell BT "Well have the upgrade done by the 23rd". BT pass this information on to their customers in good faith. Then Eircom screw up and a few exchanges or lines miss the deadline. Doesn't look like BT is lying or at fault to me.

where in Ennis are you?
    i'm over near the Gort road.

anyway
    what i was saying is that BT told me that i would have my connection upgraded by friday. i'm in ennis and i told them i was in ennis and they said it would be friday.

so if they have upgraded the exchange in ennis, why were they telling me mine would be done by friday.

ah you know what
    nevermind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

-l-Z3k3-l- wrote:
    where in Ennis are you?
    i'm over near the Gort road.

anyway
    what i was saying is that BT told me that i would have my connection upgraded by friday. i'm in ennis and i told them i was in ennis and they said it would be friday.

so if they have upgraded the exchange in ennis, why were they telling me mine would be done by friday.

ah you know what
    nevermind

One more time. :rolleyes: EIRCON are responsible for the exchange not BT. BT relay the message from Eircon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Also, there is a slight chance that because of the distance to the exchange and/or the quality of your line you might not be able to get 2MB at all.

Hence the small print in BT's letter.

Maybe you are one of the unlucky ones and will never be able to get more then your 1MB. I dunno. Ask Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭speedbird1

I am in Ennis less than 2 kms from the exchange. When i signed up with BT they tested the line and said it was good for up to 4Mps. It has been very stable since I got it prior to Xmas, not even one minute of down time.
    I have not had any increase in speed. still on 1Mb. However I am afraid to complain or report as postings from others say their service is less stable since the upgrade.
    Anyone know and Eircom engineer that can let us know what the stuation is
    as regards our non upgrade. ???

i have a few mates that work for the Eircom corp side of DSL things.
    i'll ask tomorrow and see what they can find out for me

i'm guessing theres more then one exchange in ennis
    (theres 2 in Shannon so it might be the same in Ennis)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

-l-Z3k3-l- wrote:
    i'm guessing theres more then one exchange in ennis
    (theres 2 in Shannon so it might be the same in Ennis)
    Go to www.smarttelecom.ie and put your number in their line checker. The result will tell you what exchange you're on.

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote:
    Go to www.smarttelecom.ie and put your number in their line checker. The result will tell you what exchange you're on.

just checked with Smart and it just says " You are on Ennis exchange."

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I'm out in Leixlip and still only on 1mb (BT)! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

Just be grateful you have BB at all.
    r2d2 ( or whatever he is called ) is complaining over having to wait a few day for a speed upgrade.
    I have been waiting nearly a year for SmartBB, and they are still advertising it every day!

Jor wrote:
    Just be grateful you have BB at all.
    r2d2 ( or whatever he is called ) is complaining over having to wait a few day for a speed upgrade.
    I have been waiting nearly a year for SmartBB, and they are still advertising it every day!

I know the feeling, I was told Ennis would have Smart last August then it was
    October and so on. I finally gave up and went to BT.
    Lets hope they come sometime this year.

Advertisement