Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

washer/dryer...

Options
  • 01-02-2006 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

hi folks,

anyone having trouble with their washer/dryer? the indesit WIDL102?

we are able to wash the clothes fine, but it doesn't drain. then we stick it on dry for an hour or so and the clothes comeout even wetter.. :confused::confused::confused:

thinking of ringing the agents today to get them to look at it. please let me know if there is something i've missed??

(yes, the rubber bracket things are removed from the back..)

thanks,

Lastsaturday..
    (happy to be in!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Hi Last Saturday

I had a nightmare with our tumble dryer. Seems we had the same problem with ours. I'd advise you to do the following:
    Ring Durkans - Tell Anna the problem
    Ring Indesit: Ph: 1850 302200. If you get talking to Damian, ask for someone else - he's useless.

When they agree to replace the machine - tell them you need 48 hours to arrange to have someone there when machine arrives. Tell them you expect them to take the old machine away.

They will not install the machine - or uninstall the old one: but to be fair, a blind three legged dog could put one in.
    Make sure the driver takes the old machine away...otherwise you'll be left to dispose of it yourself!

Any further queries, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

cheers Biirdwatcher, i just rang that number and got an engineer booked for tuesday next week. hopefully they'll bring a new one with them.. and not just try to fix it...

c'mere, did i ask you to move your car last weekend, when we were moving in? i meant to introduce myself, but i was so bloody wound up with the brother-in-laws driving and the clunking of stuff moving about in the back of the van.. :eek:

Last Sat,
    Yeah that was me.....my secrets out!!!
    What were you doing with three sheep in the back of that van??? (LOL)
    Sorry I didn't have more to say to you either, but we'll rectify that in the very near future...afterall were neighbours now.

By the way, I'd tell them I want a new machine and not get the old one fixed.
    By all accounts, I've heard that there are problems with these machines ...mine was the 4th to go t!ts up in as many weeks...still, if you're happy with the service they're giving you...fair enough!

nice one. come around for a beer when we're in.. you can't help notice we're in because there's no curtains on the windows..

Cheers .
    I'll see what I can do. Maybe hook up for the rygby on Saturday??or Sunday>??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

Cheers .
    I'll see what I can do. Maybe hook up for the rygby on Saturday??or Sunday>??

did someone say rugby where :confused::D ive no ticket :(

excellent.. we've no tv though.. still waiting for the ntl man..

how about the burnaby? they'll surely show it won't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

The burnaby will definitely show it

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Combo washer/dryers are pretty useless in general, unless you don't have much laundry to do.

Has anyone asked for a standalone washer instead, and got their own separate tumble dryer?

Do you think they would go for it? (Would be cheaper for them actually).

we traded our under counter fridge and freezer for a dishwasher and bought our own fridge. we also had additional cupboards built in the corner of the kitchen too, with plugs etc, in the event we have kids and need a seperate dryer..

you're right, a combo unit is fine for two, but bring kids in to the equation and you run into problems...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

hey last - hope you guys are settling in well! we deffo don't want a washer dryer either they ruin your clothes! :eek: Do you remember who you contacted to change your appliances? We wanna change our to just a washing machine!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

SJ wrote:
    hey last - hope you guys are settling in well! we deffo don't want a washer dryer either they ruin your clothes!

don't know about that - the dryer part of washer dryers tends to be a bit rubbish, & we never use ours, but the washing programmes work fine.

SJ wrote:
    hey last - hope you guys are settling in well! we deffo don't want a washer dryer either they ruin your clothes! :eek: Do you remember who you contacted to change your appliances? We wanna change our to just a washing machine!:)

hi SJ, how are things? we spoke to our kitchen people about changing appliances. basically they submit an order of a 1000 washer/dryers, 1000 fridges, etc, so they get them at a seriously low price.
    Changing the brand is expensive, because there is no bulk order. We happened to get on really well with the guy, so he helped us out..

what i would suggest is, to a) get onto your kitchen crowd and see what they'll do, if not, b) find out what the allowance is, and ask for it back instead. it'll only be a couple hundred quid, but, you can put it towards a bigger, badder, boy, that's up to the job.

PS> the indesit guy came round, and re-programmed our washer/dryer with his laptop (i pissed myself when he plugged it into the washing machine) it's works perfectly now. can you believe it??

hmm, i wonder if i'd just pressed ctrl-alt-del, if i could have fixed it myself??? ;)

Ctrl+Alt+Delete on a washing machine = Tick! tick! boom!

Anyone heading to the Burnaby for the Rugby on Saturday afternoon?
    It gets full pretty quickly, so you'd want to be there about 45 mins before the game starts to get a decent view of one of the screens;)

Advertisement