Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[EL] Season ticket prices

• 01-02-2006 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Pats prices are the same as last year :D

Stand
    Adult €215
    OAP €140
    Student €165
    Child €90

Ground
    Adult €140
    OAP €95
    Student €112
    Child €65

Have to get 1 adult and 3 kids for the ground, thankfully haggling is accepted :) So usually get them a bit cheaper as kids dont go every week.

How much are clubs tickets , gone up or down?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

That's alot cheaper than they are over here. I bought a Shrewsbury season ticket (for when liverpool were not playing at home and there was nowt else to do) and it cost £450, these guys are not in the top flight, in fact not even near the top flight and if you tried to haggle down the price of a ticket you would probably get barred from the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

My Shels season ticket is €100, thats student rate (would have been €90 if I got it before Christmas). Great value when you consider it hasn't changed for two years and includes all the European games.

Setanta Cup not included unfortunately but still excellent value.

Family €300

Adult €200

Student €100

OAP/Junior € 70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

That's alot cheaper than they are over here. I bought a Shrewsbury season ticket (for when liverpool were not playing at home and there was nowt else to do) and it cost £450, these guys are not in the top flight, in fact not even near the top flight and if you tried to haggle down the price of a ticket you would probably get barred from the ground.

crikey..thats a bit pricey. When i was in leicester (01/02) for the year i was gonna get a season ticket but i was put off by the price...they got relegated that year so i don't think i missed much good football:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well you may have but it was probably played by the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cork City:
    Platinum - reserved seat in middle of Donie Forde Stand, half time refreshments, match programme, and invites to all CCFC occasions. Access to ALL games incl FAI Cup, League Cup, Europe, U21s etc - €500

Diamond - reserved seat in Donie Forde, access to all matches except FAI Cup (and group stages of wurope should it happen) - €325

Gold - ground access, no seat,league matches only - €190

All represent good value IMO, even though there is a €15 increase on the diamond. The people on ccfc forum are up in arms at these prices, especially the diamond ticket.

For whatever reason there is no family season ticket available, and Im not sure what the juvenille season ticket prices are.

Match prices are €15 for adults (increase of €2), which is in line which every other premier division club as far as I know, and €8 for juvenilles (same as last year i think). €20 for European games, €12 for Juvenilles.

No wonder English football is in the state its in, in the lower divisions. Thats a prohibitive price. I go to leyton Orient when in London and ticket price is €16, which is crazy also.

How many people here are season ticket holders for their clubs? This coming season is my first foray into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've never been a Shels season ticket holder, because of work I've never been able to justify the price, as I worked late one friday in three usually.

However, I think the prices represent great value for the season ticket, for people who can get to all the games.

The Cork City prices seem a tad expensive however, but we, to my knowledge, have nothing like the Platinum or Diamond deals they have on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

gimmick wrote:
    Cork City:
    Platinum - reserved seat in middle of Donie Forde Stand, half time refreshments, match programme, and invites to all CCFC occasions. Access to ALL games incl FAI Cup, League Cup, Europe, U21s etc - €500

Diamond - reserved seat in Donie Forde, access to all matches except FAI Cup (and group stages of wurope should it happen) - €325

Gold - ground access, no seat,league matches only - €190

All represent good value IMO, even though there is a €15 increase on the diamond. The people on ccfc forum are up in arms at these prices, especially the diamond ticket.

For whatever reason there is no family season ticket available, and Im not sure what the juvenille season ticket prices are.

Match prices are €15 for adults (increase of €2), which is in line which every other premier division club as far as I know, and €8 for juvenilles (same as last year i think). €20 for European games, €12 for Juvenilles.

No wonder English football is in the state its in, in the lower divisions. Thats a prohibitive price. I go to leyton Orient when in London and ticket price is €16, which is crazy also.

How many people here are season ticket holders for their clubs? This coming season is my first foray into it.

Its €115 for OAP's and juviniles(12-18)

Is it true that tickets are now €15? That means they have increased by 50% in 2 years. Thats hardly in line with inflation.

I was thinking about getting a season ticket and sharing it with my brother as I wont be able to get to every home game this season unfortunately.:(

Is it true that tickets are now €15? That means they have increased by 50% in 2 years. Thats hardly in line with inflation.

As far as I know, yes. CCFC was always the least pricey ground to get into, but cannot afford to continue to do so. It was proposed last year that the price should jump from €10 to €15, but was decided to pahse it to €13 first. And i think lennox mentioned as much in his notes in the last program. I could be wrong, and prices could be the same, and the new price could be implemented for the 2007 season.

I've figured out that €100 last season got me into the following games:
    1. Wed 16 Mar U.C.D
    2. Fri 1 Apr Waterford United
    3. Fri 15 Apr St Patricks Athletic
    4. Fri 29 Apr Bray Wanderers
    5. Fri 6 May Finn Harps
    6. Fri 10 Jun Derry City
    7. Fri 17 Jun Shamrock Rovers
    8. Fri 24 Jun Waterford United
    9. Mon 27 Jun Longford Town
    10. Fri 1 Jul Derry City
    11. Mon 4 Jul St Patricks Athletic
    12. Wed 20 Jul Glentoran
    13. Wed 27 Jul Steaua Bucharest
    14. Mon 8 Aug Drogheda United
    15. Fri 19 Aug Bohemians
    16. Fri 2 Sep U.C.D
    17. Fri 16 Sep Waterford United
    18. Fri 7 Oct St Patricks Athletic
    19. Fri 28 Oct Finn Harps
    20. Mon 31 Oct Bray Wanderers
    21. Fri 11 Nov Cork City

And there were one or two that I missed. Works out at less than €5 a game, wonder how many top-flight leagues can boast those prices? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

As Duffer might say, "Pretty good!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

2006 Admission and Membership prices -

Match admission - Adults €15 Students €10 Seniors/U16 €5
    Season Tickets - Adults €200 Students €150 Family (2 Ads + 2U16s) €400
    SRFC Membership - Adults €480 Students/Seniors €240
    -Adults SRFC membership entitles person to a season ticket and also part ownership of SRFC.
    -Students/Seniors rate does not include a season ticket.
    -SRFC Members choosing to invest their full membership in the football club can purchase a season ticket at a reduced rate of €150 Adult, €300 Family and €100 Student/Senior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Yeah Shelbourne really do look after their fans very well regarding ticket prices. I got my season ticket for 90euro being a tax dodging student.

Like Mr.Joe Soap said that works out under 5 euro a game and the great thing about that it makes those costly enough away trips less of a financial burden since the home price is so cheap.

Like most clubs regular ticket prices at Tolka are 15euro for adults and 10 for students. I'm not 100% certain on the price for OAPs and Children.

Looking at Shels prices, it amazes me they still have poorish attendences. €100 wouldnt get a meal for a couple, let alone a season of football including Europe.

Even at €200 for those who wash, is still a steal. However, i take it this does not incluse a reserved seat?

gimmick wrote:
    Looking at Shels prices, it amazes me they still have poorish attendences. €100 wouldnt get a meal for a couple, let alone a season of football including Europe.

Even at €200 for those who wash, is still a steal. However, i take it this does not incluse a reserved seat?

No reserved seat, but at Tolka you always have your choice of 9,000 seats ;). I don't think people (the general, football following Irish public, that is) realise how cheap a season ticket for Shelbourne actually is. 20 games + for under half what you would pay going to see United in Old Trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Um dont you buy season tickets anyway regardless of how many games you go to? Its the best way to support the club. I have mine a few years now and even when i lived in NY i still got just to say "i have a season ticket". There was also one season where i seen one game due to working evenings, still get them every year tho.

Pats have other deals where you get your name on the seat always the cause of much hilarity..."your in my seat" , "is your ****ing name on it ""Why yes it is".
    And other deals which someone buys as good chunk of the stand has names on the seats.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Club Membership (includes entrance up to FAI Cup Semi)
    Full Adult Membership: only €300

Student Membership: only €175
    (a current full-time student card from a CAO College must be held)
    Associate Membership for children of Members: €75
    Family Membership including Husband, Wife and two Children: only €550
    (family membership have one vote only)

Season ticket prices havent been anounced.

bohsman wrote:
    Season ticket prices havent been anounced.

Are you sure? They're leaving it a bit late if so.

Re KDJAC, Season tickets for CCFC arent that popular, and I doubt many/any would do what you do. If they do, fair play.

It sems City are making a bit feck up not having a family season ticket. If a Husband, Wife and 2 kids for exampole were to get a diamond package, you are looking at the bones of a grand. Thats silly money, and very short sighted by CCFC.

gimmick wrote:
    It sems City are making a bit feck up not having a family season ticket. If a Husband, Wife and 2 kids for exampole were to get a diamond package, you are looking at the bones of a grand. Thats silly money, and very short sighted by CCFC.

Maybe they can be haggled in such a situation.
    Kdjac wrote:
    Um dont you buy season tickets anyway regardless of how many games you go to? Its the best way to support the club. I have mine a few years now and even when i lived in NY i still got just to say "i have a season ticket". There was also one season where i seen one game due to working evenings, still get them every year tho.

I'm a "Soap-dodger", need I say more? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Are you sure? They're leaving it a bit late if so.

According to the official website they havent, but then the signing of Dominic Foley still hasnt been announced

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

At Stoke there is a deal that the sooner you get your season ticket the cheaper it is. Got mine for £229 last season but rumour has it will be £270 this season, certainly makes £450 for Shrewsbury Town look quite a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I just sent away my €190 for the season ticket.

If Gimmick is right I will save €65. i.e 17 games * €15 Entrace Fee

However I think the prices are still €13 for this season, so I will save €31, which is still good.

I will be sharing it with my brother when I wont be able to get back from Dublin some weekends.

Are season tickets in all clubs usually transferable like this?

Shels never check the name on the ticket anyway.

Advertisement