Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Statoil Clonskeagh

Options
  • 01-02-2006 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

I see Statoil in Clonskeagh has changed to some other brand. Something beginning with A, but that's not important right now. They have two sets of prices. Normal (104.9) and Discounted (99.9) for unleaded.

Does anyone known what you have to do to get the discounted price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

It's AppleGreen. I thinks it's 5 cents a litre off if you buy a carwash.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Coincidentally Statoil is packing up and leaving Ireland soon. Maybe this outlet decided to move before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Might as well burn my Premium club card then....

Premium Club closed (without decent notice) on Dec 31st AFAIK. I cashed in my points and got €60 of Blanch vouchers. Mrs kbannon got €40 into her hand for hers.
    Have a look at www.premiumclub.ie (actually that site is broken) - look at http://www.statoil.com/STATOILIE/SVG02976.NSF?OpenDatabase&lang=en&artid=9A1D9C74E5FC657580256C53003FA405

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

That discounted price is BS. You have to buy a car wash which is twice as expensive as the Esso a mile down the road.

It actually works out more expensive than filling up and getting the wash at Esso . Esso is 105.9

[edit] Good sandwiches in Apple Green though. May go down for a Chicken Fillet roll later.[/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

2 Apple Green stations opened recently near Julianstown in Gormanston (up the road) - nice outlets and good food. The only other one I know of is in Urlingford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Their shop prices are extortionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

kbannon wrote:
    Premium Club closed (without decent notice) on Dec 31st AFAIK. I cashed in my points and got €60 of Blanch vouchers. Mrs kbannon got €40 into her hand for hers.
    Have a look at www.premiumclub.ie (actually that site is broken) - look at http://www.statoil.com/STATOILIE/SVG02976.NSF?OpenDatabase&lang=en&artid=9A1D9C74E5FC657580256C53003FA405
    May definitely burn it, so!! :mad: Backstards!!

ring statoil (01-6368100) and see if they will still honour the points for you.
    Incidentally, when I recieved my Blanch vouchers in the new year, the accompanying letter said something about them looking forward to me being a loyal customer and collecting more points. Dopes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

kbannon wrote:
    Coincidentally Statoil is packing up and leaving Ireland soon. Maybe this outlet decided to move before then!

??

I fookin hope BP come into the Irish market again and sell Ultimate for us petrol heads !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Big Balls wrote:
    ??

I fookin hope BP come into the Irish market again and sell Ultimate for us petrol heads !!

Coincidentally, BPs Irish forecourts were bought out buy Statoil, so I don't see them buying them all back. But then again, stranger things have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭IDMUD

Big Balls wrote:
    ??

Ireland won't get high octane fuel until E85 becomes common.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What's E85?

I've used BP Ultimate Diesel in the UK and it's the dog's dangly bits. Much quieter combustion, noticeable performance increase and fuel economy, does exactly what it says on the tin.

IIRC E85 is ethanol

Alun wrote:
    What's E85?

I've used BP Ultimate Diesel in the UK and it's the dog's dangly bits. Much quieter combustion, noticeable performance increase and fuel economy, does exactly what it says on the tin.

85% ethanol 15% petrol. It has a ron rating of 105ish depending on quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

IDMUD wrote:
    85% ethanol 15% petrol. It has a ron rating of 105ish depending on quality.

What sort of money does it go for. I assume your bog standard petrol engine can use it.

Stekelly wrote:
    What sort of money does it go for. I assume your bog standard petrol engine can use it.

It's about 80-90 cents per liter depending on country and tax (it's classifed as an enviromantaly friendly fuel, less tax).

No, you can't just fill up with it in your standard car. You have to make sure everything in the fuel system/engine can handle the corrosive nature of ethanol, then you have to modify the computer to handle the ethanol, this means modifying the timing and fuel amount which goes up by 30-40%. After that you're good to go with added power as a bonus (up to 40% increase in power comparedto 95 octane.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

IDMUD wrote:
    It's about 80-90 cents per liter depending on country and tax (it's classifed as an enviromantaly friendly fuel, less tax).

No, you can't just fill up with it in your standard car. You have to make sure everything in the fuel system/engine can handle the corrosive nature of ethanol, then you have to modify the computer to handle the ethanol, this means modifying the timing and fuel amount which goes up by 30-40%. After that you're good to go with added power as a bonus (up to 40% increase in power comparedto 95 octane.)

I'd just be happy with RON 98 ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Big Balls wrote:
    I'd just be happy with RON 98 ! ;)

Buy an octane booster then!

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement