Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines Rd Upper

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭b0bbie

just an update on this - I mailed all the local councillors about the issue and only 1 came back to me Oisin Quinn. He is going to liase with the gardai about setting up some kind of security measures put in place. Can anyone else who has had this problem mail him and let him know that you have also experienced this problem so he can really appreciate how much of a problem this is? His email is oisin@oisinquinn.ie
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Set up a vigilante group comprised of residents and do nightly patrols.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

b0bbie wrote:
    Does anyone know anything I can do to protect my wing mirrors. Some scumbags seem to take off wing mirrors nightly for the craic on my road. This week I duct taped the wingmirror on to the car. A tornado wouldn't have shifted it and again this morning it was off and placed on the bonnet of the car. Anybody got any suggestions? At this stage I'm tempted to tape a very small but rusty blade to it......grr.....
    That sounds like someone with a problem with you or your parking.

just to update, the guards must be patrolling now as not one mirror was lost all weekend .... A first in a long time

Right. I have my drving test on wednesday so a pre test was booked for today at 6pm. Paid €158 on friday to get a new wingmirror put on the car as you cannot do a pre test nor a driving test without one. Woke up this morning and the ****ing wing mirror is gone already. Clean gone not even on the ground. I've had to cancel my pretest. I'll prob have to cancel my driving test if I can't get a replacement quick, after waiting years to get the fecking test. I'm so pee'd off. I mean its christmas and I'm meant to have the money for cancelled pre test and 2 wingmirrors... If I caught a hold of the scumbag that did it god help him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

that really sucks :(

it's time to get the 24 hour camera in position or physically watch yourself to find out who the f~ck is doing this. Dunno what you'd do then, confront some lowlife scum of the earth people or rely on the Gardai....? what a crap situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

bObbie, your either a very unlucky person, or someone has a grudge against you.

I'd be looking at opition B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

b0bbie,
    I know it will not solve your long running trouble with the locals, but get the
    mirror fixed on Tuesday and see if you can leave the car at a mates on Tuesday
    night. You'll have enough to sort out pre-test without waking up on Wednesday
    wondering what state the jammer is in. I'd rather leave my car outside the test
    centre overnight (especially if it's Orwell Rd) than risk having it trashed again
    overnight outside your own place.

Best of luck with the test!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

jebuz wrote:
    I live in Grosvenor lodge off leinster road, last night I looked out my window and saw two young lads breakin into a car right in front of my eyes. I called the guards, but just as I hung up they got the car started a sped off, its unbelievable! Well I gave the cops as much info as I could, such thugs, i hope they catch the fu*kers. Was thinking of getting a car for myself, I thought the area was grand, but now im not so sure...:mad:

I lived in Grosvenor Square for 5 months which is just beside you jebuz...

In that 5 months my car was keyed twice, had some reverse in to at the back and drive off and had someone drive in to the side of it and drive off...

We then moved to Kimmage where teenagers used to jump on the roof of it...our neighbour went out to them to be threatened with a stanley knife by a 12 year old!!

My car was broken in and stereo taken twice in about 4 months in daylight!

My solution... get the hell out of the kip that Dublin is... out of there over a year and LOVE not being near the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Dublin must be the only place in Ireland with any form of crime.. :rolleyes:
    Can happen in any city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Dublin must be the only place in Ireland with any form of crime.. :rolleyes:
    Can happen in any city

I lived in Waterford for 4 years and had no hassle... lived in Limerick for 2 years and had no hassle.... spent ONE year in Dublin and you can see from above the **** I had to put up with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Was walking up Church Avenue around the corner from Gallagher's TV when a battered looking car carrying four massive blokes pulls up beside me. One of them opens a window and calls me over. I keep walking, and the car starts inching along beside me. The guy flashes a laptop at me that's half-covered with plastic, and offers it to me for a couple hundred euros. I'm not liking the way they're following me so I turn in the direction of the cop shop; they give up and speed off towards Palmerstown. Never knew Rathmines was that dodgy :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Kwekubo wrote:
    Was walking up Church Avenue around the corner from Gallagher's TV when a battered looking car carrying four massive blokes pulls up beside me. One of them opens a window and calls me over. I keep walking, and the car starts inching along beside me. The guy flashes a laptop at me that's half-covered with plastic, and offers it to me for a couple hundred euros. I'm not liking the way they're following me so I turn in the direction of the cop shop; they give up and speed off towards Palmerstown. Never knew Rathmines was that dodgy :confused:

No, its nots:confused:

Maybe its because they have put a supersized bus stop (you may have seen the thread) outside the front of my flat and I now have to park around the back of the flat most days, but I haven't had any problems since.

Litter on the otherhand....
    A week ago, 3 white bags of rubbish was dumped on the path to the front. This wouldn't be so bad if the empty wheely bins out the front had been more than 5 metres from them.
    Yesterday, again a bag of rubbish torn apart. An ST rapped up nicely on the bottom of the steps:mad: :mad: :mad:
    And the next time I see someones umbrella break and they just throw it there, God help them... really.

christmas day they kicked off my wingmirror again - christmas day !!!

how nasty are some people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

After reading this thread all I can say is....

Thank god I'm living on the northside!.

Advertisement