Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BT Packages

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Merli wrote:
    I ordered the new Esat BT 40 Euro inc line rental package last Thursday.
    I'm a first time BB user with an existing Eircom phone service. I've also ordered the wireless option.
    Can anyone give me a rough estimate of when I should be up and running?
    Should I be thinking weeks or months?

Thanks for your help.

I ordered the Talk and Surf package similar to your own two weeks ago, the modem arrived on Wednesday and I was up surfing on Saturday. The landline portion hasn't been transferred yet but should happen any second, sure that's the simple bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭dubmick

Anybody get confirmation of what type of wireless modem it is on offer?

**bump** for the above question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

dubmick wrote:
    Anybody get confirmation of what type of wireless modem it is on offer?
    I spoke to sales on the phone and she told me that they won't be available until March. She didn't know what make/model it was but she heard it was a Belkin:(. I think myself it will be a ZyXEL model but basically they don't know.

I just ordered the 2meg package. Sales rep said the modem is a ZyXEL and they are in stock but only for first time customers and not upgrade customers. Bizarre :confused:

• Advertisement

dubmick wrote:
    I just ordered the 2meg package. Sales rep said the modem is a ZyXEL and they are in stock but only for first time customers and not upgrade customers. Bizarre :confused:
    Thats not what they said in their press release.
    Wireless modem upgrade for new and existing customers for €40
    https://home.btireland.ie/echannel/esat.portal?_nfpb=true&aboutUs_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2FaboutUs%2FdisplayPressRelease&aboutUscontentNode=%2Fechannel%2Fpressreleases%2Fstories%2Fenglishrelease%2F1-2006%2FmediaPRJan2006.html&aboutUsbreadCrumb=January+2006&_windowLabel=aboutUs

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,114 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hi, could anyone tell me what the current price of the 2meg option including line rental is? I currently have that option at home but i'm not sure what i am paying. I was simply wondering if i would be saving any money on the 2meg line now they have a 3 meg option.

Tauren wrote:
    Hi, could anyone tell me what the current price of the 2meg option including line rental is? I currently have that option at home but i'm not sure what i am paying. I was simply wondering if i would be saving any money on the 2meg line now they have a 3 meg option.
    €40 incl. line rental

is that the price of the new 2meg option or the price the 2meg option has been for the last 6months? (both inclusive of line rental)

just want to be sure of what the price for the 2meg option has been for the last number of months - my parents have it in the house so i don't pay for it, just want to figure out if we should upgrade or stick with the 2meg line.

Old prices:
    1mb - €40
    2mb - €50
    New prices from Feb 1st:
    1mb - €35
    2mb - €40
    3mb - €50
    All incl. line rental

• Advertisement

excellent, might upgrade to the 3 meg line so!

Tauren wrote:
    excellent, might upgrade to the 3 meg line so!
    If you already had 2mb prior to Jan 24th and paying €50p/m, your line will already have been upgraded to 3mb. Check the speed on your modem.

kaizersoze wrote:
    If you already had 2mb prior to Jan 24th and paying €50p/m, your line will already have been upgraded to 3mb. Check the speed on your modem.

what is a reliable way of testing the line speed?

I'll check it tomorrow when i get home.

Tauren wrote:
    what is a reliable way of testing the line speed?

I'll check it tomorrow when i get home.
    You can do a speedtest here:
    http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Marathon_Man

Anyone know how existing BT customers can sign up for the bundled packages?

Currently with BT but trying to order via the web site requires Eircom account no and other rubbish.

Do I have to ring them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I was onto BT yesterday. They're having problems with their online order form (what a surprise :rolleyes:)

Anyway, you'd best ring them.

ambrose :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Anyone know how existing BT customers can sign up for the bundled packages?

Currently with BT but trying to order via the web site requires Eircom account no and other rubbish.

Do I have to ring them?
    You can do it over the phone, this is what I did to get the line rental and calls switched to BT, I already had broadband. You'll still need your Eircom account number though as it's all linked back to that.

two weeks on and BT have lost my order. No apologies, just a system problem.
    I heard all the bad press about them here and just hoped I would be 'lucky'.
    Has to be the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Are they automatically ubgrading existing customers? I signed up for the 1Mb package a few months back so I'm still paying €40 a month for phone+BB+Rental but the test speed test is putting me at 1Mb I thought I'd now have 2Mb?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

dubmick wrote:
    two weeks on and BT have lost my order. No apologies, just a system problem.
    I heard all the bad press about them here and just hoped I would be 'lucky'.
    Has to be the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

Keep ringing them. They supposedly "lost" my broadband transfer form as well (sent in the same envelope as the phone form and yer man got a bit tetchy when I said that the postman hardly opened it and took it).

It took 3 calls over ten days for them to confirm that they had in fact got the form and were now just waiting for UTV...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Any chance of them offering a 4mb line any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

A neighbour of mine called everyday to see if their order was in the system, ended up placing the order 4 times until it actually went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭8track

kaizersoze wrote:
    Indeed they are.
    http://www.zyxel.com/product/model.php?indexcate=1079416368&indexcate1=1021877946&indexFlagvalue=1021873638

Provided you own them after paying €40 and they're not a total POS, €40 is excellent value.

Yes, BT told me that above is the model they are offering - but not for another two months at least! No explanation given by sales rep, just that they won't be available until then and to ring them back then. Interestingly, online help guy had asked me to ring sales about the wireless modem as he had gotten some reports of 'technical difficulties'. A local IT supplier has tried a US Robotics and Netgear ADSL2+ compatible wireless modems for me over the last few months and can't get them to work - DSL keeps dropping. There appears to be an issue with using ADSL2+ compatible modem on ordinary ADSL. I'm currently with BT, but in case I want to change to Smart I wanted modem/router to be compatible with them. I think I'm going to hold off for now until I see what BT offer in a couple of months. BTW supplier quoted €100 + VAT to supply the Zyxel 660HW now. So BT upgrade offer is good if it will work!

8track wrote:
    Yes, BT told me that above is the model they are offering - but not for another two months at least! No explanation given by sales rep, just that they won't be available until then and to ring them back then. Interestingly, online help guy had asked me to ring sales about the wireless modem as he had gotten some reports of 'technical difficulties'. A local IT supplier has tried a US Robotics and Netgear ADSL2+ compatible wireless modems for me over the last few months and can't get them to work - DSL keeps dropping. There appears to be an issue with using ADSL2+ compatible modem on ordinary ADSL. I'm currently with BT, but in case I want to change to Smart I wanted modem/router to be compatible with them. I think I'm going to hold off for now until I see what BT offer in a couple of months. BTW supplier quoted €100 + VAT to supply the Zyxel 660HW now. So BT upgrade offer is good if it will work!
    I doubt that's the problem. I'm using an ADSL2+ wireless modem atm on BT and it's fine. The wired modem they currently supply (ZyXEL P-660RU Series) is ADSL2+.
    More than likely it's some kind of firmware problem with the wireless one.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭8track

kaizersoze wrote:
    I doubt that's the problem. I'm using an ADSL2+ wireless modem atm on BT and it's fine. The wired modem they currently supply (ZyXEL P-660RU Series) is ADSL2+.
    More than likely it's some kind of firmware problem with the wireless one.

That's good to know kaizersoze. Thanks. Which modem are you using? Do you get good signal strength through concrete walls? As well as DSL dropping, another problem supplier had with the US Robotics and Netgear wireless modems tried was getting decent signal strength. I suppose it could have been bad luck that both modems have firmware problems.

8track wrote:
    That's good to know kaizersoze. Thanks. Which modem are you using? Do you get good signal strength through concrete walls? As well as DSL dropping, another problem supplier had with the US Robotics and Netgear wireless modems tried was getting decent signal strength. I suppose it could have been bad luck that both modems have firmware problems.
    I'm using the the modem Eircom supply (Netopia 3347NWG). Rock solid connection. Wireless or DSL never drops. I have it upstairs at the other end of the house so it's comming through a ceiling and 2 block walls. Signal never drops below about 85%. If you are an Eircom customer (or know someone that is) I think they're still selling them for around €50. Remember if you have a crappy wireless card in your PC or laptop it can also cause problems with signal strength.

Advertisement