Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching in Dubai

Options
  • 01-02-2006 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Has anyone done the Sabis teaching in Dubai? Just looking for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

*yoda* wrote:
    Has anyone done the Sabis teaching in Dubai? Just looking for any feedback.
    Friends of mine out their at the moment teaching computers and business. They love it the jobs are ok but they are having the time of their lives and have traveled loads. Not sure who they are doing it with

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Is there any way you could find out who your friends are working for? I'm looking into doing similar work in Dubai at the moment. Thanks

Is there any way you could find out who your friends are working for? I'm looking into doing similar work in Dubai at the moment. Thanks
    ill send him an email , i know they come around to irish colleges interviewing. They have there interview in UL

it was is sabis they are working for

i just got an email from the careers dept about it too.

THE INT’L SCHOOLS OF CHOUEIFAT

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, QATAR & OMAN

iscad5@emirates.net.ae; www.sabis.net

The Recruitment Department ISC

P.O. Box 7212, Abu Dhabi, U. A. E.

Tel: +9712-4461-444; Fax: +9712-4461-048

Teaching Opportunities

Teachers: Applications invited for September 2006 from University Graduates to teach:

a) Kindergarten & Primary English & Social Studies, Maths, Science.

b) Secondary English & Social Studies, Maths, Computer Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Business Studies, History.

c) Art, Music & Physical Education.

Experience and training is helpful but not necessary. We provide in-service training. Renewable one-year contract includes accommodation, return air ticket. No taxes.

Please forward CV by email to above address and you will be provided with an information pack and application form. Interviews will be held in Limerick from the 13th March to 16th March; in Belfast on the 18th and 19th and in Dublin from 21st to the 26th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Yea, I'm looking into doing this aswell. Anyone know how easy it is to get accepted? I'm doing sub teachin at the moment. I signed up to Sabis for the Gulf and America. They emailed me today with info on what they're about and their teaching methodologies. A lot of stuff considering I'm only thinking about. Some of the info is surreal. Women's rights etc. Does anyone know how much they pay? There's no tax anyway. Seems like a pretty strict system, both for work and play. But could be good. Lots of ex pats out there anyway.

• Advertisement

Very easy to get accepted 2 of my friends have been offered places for August. Interview was easy and they offered them the job there and then. It pays 16,000 for the year i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

irishguy wrote:
    Very easy to get accepted 2 of my friends have been offered places for August. Interview was easy and they offered them the job there and then. It pays 16,000 for the year i think

Surely it's more than 16000. That's brutal. They say in their info that you can save a minimum of 15000 dollars in taxes.

Advertisement