Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another 'Name That Song' Thread

Options
  • 01-02-2006 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Really sketchy info though.

A song that was out last year. The only info I have on the song is that one of the lines contains the "thy will be done"

I think the band might be Canadian (not Arcade Fire though) or English, the song actually sounds quite like the Doves. It's a slowish type song. It's wrecking my head, cos I can hear snippets of the song in my head and I 'think' the band has a number in it's name or something similar. Argghhh!! Even typing this is doing me nut cos I know the name of the song and the band but I just can't get it at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

as far as i am aware its from a band called the priv8 jets, called inside, the lyric goes 'thy will be done up the ass'

hope this helps,
    Jeff

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

hallelujah wrote:
    as far as i am aware its from a band called the priv8 jets, called inside, the lyric goes 'thy will be done up the ass'

hope this helps,
    Jeff

Haha. eh, no that's not the song. The song in question is slightly less crude.
    I remember after hearing the song for the first time that I checked out their website. I know the name but can't think of it. i'll know it as soon as somebody says it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Nina_Angelica

BaZmO* wrote:
    Really sketchy info though.

A song that was out last year. The only info I have on the song is that one of the lines contains the "thy will be done"

I think the band might be Canadian (not Arcade Fire though) or English, the song actually sounds quite like the Doves. It's a slowish type song. It's wrecking my head, cos I can hear snippets of the song in my head and I 'think' the band has a number in it's name or something similar. Argghhh!! Even typing this is doing me nut cos I know the name of the song and the band but I just can't get it at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

B.

Do you have any other lyrics or something about the song?! I'm familiar w/ Canadian bands being Canadian and all but "thy will be done" is pretty broad.

I actually heard the song again last night. I'm not 100% if they are Canadian.

More lyrics....

"Godspeed(?) to help our souls.....Thy will be done"
    "Further, Further, Further..."

It sounds quite like Embrace actually.

I know I'm not being very helpful. :confused:

Doesn't matter folks, I found the song. It's 'Further' by Longview.

Thanks for the help though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 miss o

hey i no its a long shot but wonder can anyone help me find a song thats kinda dancey/drum n bass that has missy elliot on it....theonly lyrics i can rememeber are here comes the rain.
    there was singing on the track and then missy rapped...any help wud be greatly appreciated!

cheers but its not that :)

RopeDrink wrote:
    Dang! I have a few of her tracks on my drive and just saw 'I Can't Stand The Rain'... Gave it a listen, too, and it was relatively slow but she 'technically' sings a bit, then throws in a rap, sings, rap etc

I'll see if there's anything else of her tracks I have that matches the description.

EDIT: When you say Drum'n'Base, do you mean it's one of her faster tracks, something along the lines of 'Get Your Freak On' or '4 My People'?

The ones I have are quite slow and the only one remotely similar to what you describe (but, sadly, lacking the 'here comes the rain' lyrics' is 'All In My Grill' which is a slow track.

I'd say you may have better luck with a Lyric Search Engine.

Yes it is quite a fast track like 4 my people....it might be someone elses song and she featured on it, maybe thats why i cant find it.:( have tried lookin up the lyrics too but no luck

Advertisement