Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partition Wall

Options
  • 01-02-2006 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

hmmm, financial embarrassment has brought me to this , I need to put up a partition wall in the front bedroom and I need to do it myself . I have done a fair bit of DIY over the years , the likes of building my own built in wardrobes and kitchen , taking down a section of dropped ceiling and replacing said section to the right height . All the time , never 100% sure of what I was doing and learning as I went , none turned out to be a disaster .

But this involves doors ! ,

Anyway , my question is about the studs , the 4" x 2" , from reading some sites online it states that these can usually be bought in standard lengths around the 8' mark , is this so over here ? or will I just have to buy them in whatever lengths the wood yard has and cut them down myself ?

Also what are the different standard indoor door sizes ?

Thanks for any help

John

PS: beware , answering any of the above question could lead to you being asked more .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

The studding comes in all lengths from 8ft to 16ft. Remember you will need cross pieces every couple of feet so don't get too hung up on buying 8ft lengths only.

Standard doors come in 28", 30" and 32"
    at heights of 78" and 80".

Though you can get door wider, narrower and shorter and longer these would not be consider standard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Thanks for that

Advertisement