Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob warrior question

• 01-02-2006 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm a level 12 dwarf warrior and I normally fight with a two handed axe. I get killed often enough I suppose and I'm wondering would it be better if I fought with a shield and a one handed weapon? ( axe or sword ) My only concern is that it will takes ages to get my one handed skill up. In the long run which is better?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

if ur only lvl 12 it wont take long to get ur 1 hand skill up bout 10-15 fights or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In the long run, I'd recommend working on your your one-handed skills alright. As Dr Mason says, it's shouldn't take too long to bring the skills up to scratch, and then you can interchange your weapons depending on what you're fighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Many warriors seem to prefer two handed for soloing (using potions or bandages for healing), and switch to one handed plus shield for tanking in groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Ok thanks for the replies. I'll set about doing that so. Hopefully quel'thalas is back up

edit: ffs it's still down. It's been down all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Getting killed often enough ? Are you sure your fighting the same level mobs as you, even a level above you should be fine at 12 ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Daggers are sweet......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

spec to mortal strike, only then will you understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

well now I'm an axe wielding dwarf ( one-handed ) with a nice shield to boot :) Happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I went with 2h sword until I was lvl 40, then I got a decent sheild and 1h sword so I got those up pretty fast, now I do both, and sometimes when I have 2 good 1h swords I duelweild, just for the laugh though, :) As long as you keep your 2h axe maxed out it doesn't matter., ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

well at level 12 your range of options arent huge but if facing casters it may be an idea to sue 1h+shield for shield bash which interupts casting. Other than that i'd prob use a 2h. You will need 1h+shield for instance runs when your tank tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I've used all three configurations for soloing (DW, 2H, 1H+S) and the quickest for cutting through mobs is probably DW, followed closely by a 2H (you can get a very good 2H for finishing a warrior quest after level 30).

Although the shield can interrupt casters and you come out with somewhat less damage taken, the kills take much, much longer. 40->50 for me took so long for that reason.

Once you get berserker stance, you'll probably spend most of your time in that, switching back into battle stance for overpower, rend and charge and defensive stance for disarm.

For soloing, you just want the kills to be fast.

Keep your one handed skills up though, I recommend just killing the rats in the IF side of the Deeprun Tram. They respawn immediately.

Advertisement