Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Fraudster

• 01-02-2006 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen sean keanes very funny report on the front of the KK people
    today? Some guy was duped into buying what he taught was a laptop, turned out to be 3 argos catalogues.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Much like the muppet who bought a laptop bag full of milk cartons last year ... muppets :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 kilkenny21m

Hmmm spare a thought for how the man may feel.. He just spent
    E250 on three Argos catalogues....:rolleyes:

And to say that the rogue who conned him approached him on
    the street and offered him a laptop (top of the range apparently)
    at just a quarter of the original price????

Whatever happened to common sense??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Common sense ain't as common as it used to be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

This morning I woke to find instead of the usual 3 litres milk left at the door... a shiny new laptop

damn scammers !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

This morning I woke to find instead of the usual 3 litres milk left at the door... a shiny new laptop

damn scammers !!

:p:p:) Like it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭slinky

See there's 3 argos catalogues up on ebay for E250.00...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 kilkenny21m

Hmmmm i'll sell you FOUR argos catalogues for that amount...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Do the catalogues arrive bundled with the molasses slow staff from the store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Slow is not the word for the staff in Argos in Kilkenny. I went in there one day for some stuff and I needed to shave by the time I got served. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Bond-007 wrote:
    Slow is not the word for the staff in Argos in Kilkenny. I went in there one day for some stuff and I needed to shave by the time I got served. :)

Fortunately Argos have an extensive range of razors, trimmers and other depilatory solutions (depending where you felt required trimming after your wait )

The front of the catalogue clear suggests you should bring flask, packed lunch and sleeping bag

Oh and always tell some one where you're going so they won't report you as missing

• Advertisement
Advertisement