Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fowler caught speeding near Melwood

• 01-02-2006 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Football star Robbie Fowler was caught speeding just days after completing his dream move back to Liverpool FC.
    The striker was pulled over by police near the club's Melwood training ground on Tuesday after breaking the 30mph speed limit.

The 30-year-old left Manchester City last week to rejoin the club he first signed for as a schoolboy.

He was stopped on West Derby Road near the training ground on Tuesday. It is unclear how fast he was travelling.

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said: "A 30-year-old man was stopped on West Derby Road.

"He was given a £60 fine and three points on his licence."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i thought the story was gonna end with '...but local police were so happy to see robbie back in red that they overlooked his indiscretion'
    maybe they were toffs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

BrookieD wrote:
    It is unclear how fast he was travelling.

Apparently he was all over the white line....

:v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

whiskeyman wrote:

.....sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

whiskeyman wrote:

i was in anfield that day, in the everton end when fowler got down on his knees to sniff the white line in front of the Everton fans. Was gas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Jesus, he is eager...speeding to get to training,

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I liked his comment in the Melwood interview when asked if United fans will ever like him after playing for Liverpool, Leeds, City and Liverpool again.

Robbie: I dont' really care about Manchester United or their fans. Class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

5starpool wrote:
    I liked his comment in the Melwood interview when asked if United fans will ever like him after playing for Liverpool, Leeds, City and Liverpool again.

Robbie: I dont' really care about Manchester United or their fans. Class.
    He's bitter. How much has he actually won? Jealous Scousers tut tut tut :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Great Hat-Trick against United :D:D:D

1997 Meilleur buteur of la Cup Winners Cup (Liverpool...)
    2001 European SuperCup winner (Liverpool...)
    2001 UEFA Cup winner (Liverpool...)
    2001 FA Cup winner (Liverpool...)
    2001 League Cup winner (Liverpool...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

he's won more than wayne rooney anyway. thats a given :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

2001 League Cup winner (Liverpool...)

1995 League cup winner aswell

• Advertisement
Advertisement