Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis!

• 01-02-2006 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi.
    Im doing my thesis on Quality control Pre construction. Im lookin for any relevent info to do with quality control during the design process. Any good suggestions please ? Also lookin for a case study to the failure of a building due to poor design so if any1 knows of a building in Dublin please let me know.
    Thanks for reading!!!
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

you're welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

theres a house down in kerry near tralee, which is a classic example. the foundation gave way. its still intact as well.......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

I did a module of design this semester but it was more geared towards product design then construction. I could point you towards some of the relevent standards for drafting design specifications, briefs etc.. if they would be of any use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Johnniep

Am not really sure what angle you want to take on this......but the first thing that comes to mind is the Quality Control involved in concrete production (trial mixes, test cubes, accelerated ageing......) Precast concrete is also becoming increasingly popular with tighter build programs so could also be something there. Let me know if you need any more info?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bandraoi

Quality Control at Design stage - your key issues are:
    1) Checking and cross checking
    2) Auditing systems
    3) Buildability reviews
    4) how is safety during construction considered at design stage
    5) On going training of designers

Is this for a degree thesis? or what sort of thesis is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lil-buttons

Hi.
    Thanks for all your suggestions.
    Yeah have all them type of topics round up thanks.
    My tutor fro my thesis wants me to look more so at
    design as in Draughtmanship really. Its in relation to
    Building Performance, the effects of bad design and the effects it has on a building.

Yeah my thesis is for my degree. I thought I was off to a good
    starrt as I have relevent Construction knowledege about Quality in
    bothe Architecture and Quality Control on site. But my tutor doesnt
    want me to use my experience. He just seems to be sending me in his knowledge of the topic. Like its kinda bothering me cos its my thesis, and I wana talk about a relevent subject taht I can actually say yeah here I know a bit about it. But no my tutor has to be akward!
    Sorry that was like an agony aunts column!!!

Thanks again!

Advertisement