Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB am I mad??

• 01-02-2006 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Ok...the digiweb city center LOS didnt work out so I'm going for IBB buisness package? Am I a dead duck?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

yes you are mad or else very desperate.

You will go mad if you choose IBB

Their Guinness HiSite is totally oversubscribed,
    but they will add new customers anyway.

They claim their service is asymmetric but the upload somewhere around dialup rates. Expect the download speed to be about 1/4 of what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

The smartest decision you ever made?!?

Who knows....but you are playing Russian Roulette with IBB and if you get a sh!t service dont ecpect anything to be done about it anytime soon...unless you manually disconnect all their equipment and drop it into their offices demanding a refund!

IBB really are hit and miss!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Dougals Daddy

Its appalling.
    I heard from a source on the inside that they are oversubscribed and having terrible trouble with all the high sites, some don't work at all.
    If it does work never expect more than 300 up or down on a 2mb connection.
    There attitude seems to be connect you anyway and hope you dont notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

There attitude seems to be connect you anyway and hope you dont notice.

And in all honesty such tactics work!

Most people dont have a clue about broadband speeds and as long as they can use basic internet apps like google/ebay they really couldnt care.

Face it....ignorance is bliss!

Advertisement