Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you eat to give you energy

• 01-02-2006 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Lately i've been tired all the time and i have a feeling it's down to my diet.

I dont really eat alot of healty foods. and the biggest thing of all is i dont like Veg,

So heres the big question.

What can i eat that will give me more energy so i'm not tired all the time.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

What about fruit? Do you eat that at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

not really. I like it, Just do eat alot of it. How much and whta fruit would you suggest ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I'm just making my pre-work meal: olive oil on the wok, add crushed garlic, add a slice of cod, add a chopped-up pepper and some chopped-up spuds, ad half a chicory. If I had some white wine I'd put a splash on, but I don't, so maybe a little bit of mirin. Yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Start off the day with a bowl of porridge or meusli.

luckat, that sounds yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Go see a doctor will you.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, and then raspberries and sugar and some mild 'jogurt' from the Russian shop.

NeVeR, you're tired; are you also thirsty and peeing a lot and craving sugar? If so, walk, don't run to the doc to make sure you're ok.

For normal good energy, you need to eat properly - protein, veggies, fruit, grains in the right proportion, oily fish once or twice a week, meals at regular times. You also need to get enough *exercise* - a half an hour's walk every day is good - and *sleep*.

Human bodies like regular meals and sleep and exercise. We're designed for routine.

But yes, if you're shagged all the time, go and see the doc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i dont eat fish, Not peeing alot or craving surger,,, what if i was ?? what does it mean ?

I think i'm a the worlds pickies eater, i dont like most foods. Normal dinner for me is Meat and spuds...

Just a questions. I have a Juicer if i juice up veg would i still get the same value from it ? meaning would it be the same as eating ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

They're the symptoms of type 2 diabetes.

Also, eating>juicing fruit and veg, as you lose out on all the fiber when you juice. Your body also metabolises it faster- not good for sustaining energy.

Thirst + peeing a lot + sugar = danger of diabetes.

Picky eating - have to re-educate your palate, darling.

Juicer is good. Try carrot-and-apple juice (2 carrots + 1 apple) for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

2 cans of Red Bull should help your energy levels ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement