Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rodge And Podge Show

• 01-02-2006 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

After Lost on monday nights.

Co-hosted by Lucy Kennedy.

I guess they will better then Brendan Courtney, ok thats not much of a compliment.

Hopefully it will be good.

They did do the Bronx Bunny Show after all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Yeah it is good. I was at the filming of the pilot. Jealous....Your all so jealous arent you?!!!
    Ye the guests were kinda sh1t though. George hamilton and yer one with the annoying voice who does the wildlife shows(Forget Her Name). But the show was still good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Enna Ni Lounagh (sp?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

so what ya think? pretty good the most disappointing thing about the show is that guy didn't have much hair although I still think it hurt?

gay biscuit, yeah infantile enough :)

i was hoping diarmaid would slag them off about their early den years but they cut him off, he's never a great guest all they need is foils and lucy kennedy was ok cos she didn't try too hard :)

why just two shows? be watching it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think they're doing 2 shows a week.... thats the impression I got, anyway.

The humour was childish (but very funny - what does that say about my sense of humour? :p). Good fun, and more spontaneous than the increasingly stale Podge and Rodge (the 5 minute show).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

i thought Podge and Rodger were good, wasn't too impressed with Lucy Kennedy - did she get false teeth since she last presented that dating show? They looked verrrrry white but also verrrrrrrry odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

i have to admit i'm not a fan of the whole let's put a female presenter with the puppet/s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

After seeing the initial survey to get a seat I could see they were going to do that Graham Norton thing. Have a select few of the audience closer seemed a bit pathetic and was I surprised to see that the person they wanted had the camera pointed towards them the whole time?
    Really quite poor production and baddly excuted. The female presenter was really not much use and looked a state. I don't know why woman in Irish TV to dress glammed up they look like people going to the pub not presenters. All glitz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I thought it was hilarious! Much better than I was expecting! I do agree that yer one Lucy is a bit pointless though, she adds nothing at all to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I saw it last night. I thought some of the humour was juvenile, at best.

David Norris and the gay biscuit bit was funny.

The shemale/male thing - I dont even know what to say about it. :confused:

The shemale/male thing - I dont even know what to say about it.

I think it was just that all of them where shemales expect one.

Kind of embarrassing for the contestants. But better then the "pandomonim" quizs on Brendan Cortney.

I though it was a little to rehearsed, could have been a little more spontaneous.

Easy watching. And funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

http://www2.b3ta.com/femaleorshemale/
    thats something i came across about a year ago, just googled and found it again, i'd say they got the idea from something similar!
    So, is it repeated, or is there another show this week or whats the story??

thats something i came across about a year ago, just googled and found it again, i'd say they got the idea from something similar!

It was an old joke alright.

Next episode tonight at 10:55 after DH.

Two nights a week.

Advertisement