Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Python GUI development

Options
  • 01-02-2006 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi,

Not sure if this should be in open-source or not...

I want to try and develop a tiny GUI program in Python (to run on Gnome on Gentoo) which just lets the user select an option and then it would automatically pass the parameters to a command-line program. More of a learning experience for me really...

What would you recommend I use - e.g. development programs \ text editor etc.? I'm new to Python (though I know PHP quite well). Do you know of any good tutorial type websites? I've searched the net but there are so many sites out there I don't know where to start!

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

Hi,

This might be useful for a quick program

http://page.sourceforge.net/

describes itself as "an automatic GUI generator which bears a resemblance to Visual Basic. "

I suppose you just want a textbox passing the string to something like the system() function in PHP/Perl.

Advertisement