Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say "Hello" here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Hi all ---been in the wood since oct 04.Great to have this thread discovered it a few months back have a few days off just started using it.
    Bertie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pasc

:cool: This is my virgin post, so hi to all.

Looks like my wife and I will be about one of the last to move into Charlesland Park, as we have only just put down our deposit on one of the type B properties (3 bedroom mid terrace townhouse).

I have been following the threads thus far, and it looks as though Charlesland is a pretty good place to live, although a few more pubs would not be a bad idea.

Well done Eoin on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Pasc wrote:
    :cool: This is my virgin post, so hi to all.

Looks like my wife and I will be about one of the last to move into Charlesland Park, as we have only just put down our deposit on one of the type B properties (3 bedroom mid terrace townhouse).

I have been following the threads thus far, and it looks as though Charlesland is a pretty good place to live, although a few more pubs would not be a bad idea.

Well done Eoin on the thread.

Welcome Pasc, the forum was a must-have really, this started off as just one big thread - was a nightmare to navigate!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

We put our deposit down in September for the Park (4-bed) and were told June for move-in, so imagine my surprise when I heard they have changed that to March! All the other stories here indicated a 6 to 12 month delay!

Anyway, I'm a double blow-in (foreigner) but have been living in Greystones for six years and will be moving into Charlesland with a full crew. We will be the oddballs with teenage children and a cool little dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

Easy Tiger no need for that!!!!

Bit of respect wouldn’t go a miss

If it bothers you that much don't both coming on the site let alone posting messages!!!!!

• Advertisement

This forum is hosted by boards.ie, so you have to play by their rules. Personal abuse is not accepted on any forum and won't be here either.

Mystery banned from this forum for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bláth

Hi

I moved into the Grove in December and I love it although I really wish we had a local pub!! It's a great forum by the way - unfortunately as i don't yet have laptop or internet yet I can't drop in as often as i'd like to. New sofa or laptop?????

I'd love to go to the next night out being organised but to be honest - would feel like a plonker walking into a pub alone looking for a table of people i have never met!! Will just have to take a breath and do it ( :eek: )

Hats off to you all for keeping the momentum up on the forum - and don't mind rudies like mystery - I think he's jealous?!?!!? :p

B

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Suppose I should say hi as well... Tend to look at the threads more than giving any actual input... :rolleyes:

Just like Bertie me and the wtb have been living in the Wood since October '04. Hard to believe that it's been that long already. Been quite interesting seeing the rest of the developments appearing as time has gone by though.

As alot of people have already mentioned the pub would be very much welcomed... Feels so far to walk up to Script or even further when it's windy or even raining :o

Now I'm just looking forward to the 2nd summer down here...

JanneG wrote:
    As alot of people have already mentioned the pub would be very much welcomed... Feels so far to walk up to Script or even further when it's windy or even raining :o

Can't wait for that either. It may have been mentioned here earlier (and probably where I got this info from), but apparently the developers were looking for a massive amount of cash per year for the lease on the pub, plus they had it capped at a 4 year lease - that's why nobody will touch it. Hopefully they will get sick of an empty building that's not making them any money and re-consider the terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

mystery just sounds like another angry bored teenager. (sigh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Hiya!

I thought I'd give my 2 cents. Have been in Charlesland Wood since Sept '04 and love it! Since the M50 opened in July, it is much more accessible to travel and cuts the travel time to less than 30 mins (if travelling to Dun Loaghaire) and 40 mins (if travelling to Tallaght).

Wonder what is gonna happen with the N11 exit at Eden gate? I heard they can't open it as a Farmer buried chemical waste on the land (or nearby) which has delayed this link for nearly forever!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Hello to all my neighbors. If you need to borroe some sugar just let me know. Me an my gf have been in the Grove since August and loving every bit so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

We moved into the Grove around August too. Don't know anyone out here so dying to make a few new buddies. Never seem to get the chance to meet people - the curse of commuting. Was thinking come the good weather we could organise some kind of a social thing on the green in front of the houses. A BBQ or something. Was going to drop a few notes into letterboxes to see if anyone was interested but then thought...mmm people might think I'm some kind of nutter!!

Anyone else out there into the idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

neets wrote:
    We moved into the Grove around August too. Don't know anyone out here so dying to make a few new buddies. Never seem to get the chance to meet people - the curse of commuting. Was thinking come the good weather we could organise some kind of a social thing on the green in front of the houses. A BBQ or something. Was going to drop a few notes into letterboxes to see if anyone was interested but then thought...mmm people might think I'm some kind of nutter!!

Anyone else out there into the idea?

Yep! We were thinking of doing the same thing. In the grove as well and in the same boat as you re commuting, not being neighbourly enough, etc.

Anyone else in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

Count me in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭EMPM

Hi all, moved in just before christmas, finding this board a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Hey there neighbours,
    myself, the wife and two sprogs here since September, moved from the mean streets of Ballybrack, so this place feels like another world. Cant wait for the summer, Greystones takes on a life of its own then. Big Green BBQ sounds like a great idea....maybe some bouncy castles to keep the monsters occupied.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 clare kinito

hi - myself and hubby and daughter who is nearly three moved here oct 2004. only heard of this site today. is there a general chat area??? hopefully chat soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

Wineman wrote:
    maybe some bouncy castles to keep the monsters occupied.:)

Would it be strictly be for the little ones? We all know that the big ones will want a go too......

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Moved into the Court in March 05 on my tod, so know nobody it would be great meet a few people if there was a night organised - Id be like Bláth, feel stupid walking in not knowing anyone - buI suppose Id just have to be a big girl and bite the bullet. Great thread, only discovered it existed recently and its been v helpfull - so well done.

L

• Advertisement

only heard of this site today. is there a general chat area???

Here's a list of every forum on boards.ie:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/

The "After Hours" forum is where most the general chatter is.

Ru wrote:
    Would it be strictly be for the little ones? We all know that the big ones will want a go too......
    As long as I get to go first...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Yip! Yip! Yip! Jip!.....oooops!

The Yipper wrote:
    Yip! Yip! Yip! Jip!.....oooops!
    No dogs allowed though, sorry yip yip Yipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tanith

Hi there - me and my BF put a deopsit down last month and have been told we should be ready to move in Aug/Sept. Its a duplex in the Park. This has been a great help and I'm delighted to know that my first house has some very friendly neighbours! Anyone else been given the same move in date? I'm really hoping we'll be in on time! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Hi All, Myself and my Fiance moved to Charlesland Grove in Oct from Drumcondra. Just had a Beautiful baby boy 9 weeks ago and I am so looking foward to him growing up here and meeting all of you! I think the ideas of having BBQ etc during the summer are great ideas. There seems to be a lot of people from the Grove on this chat. We should all try and meet soon in Script as I missed the last session and god knows I need one after abstaining for 10 months!!:eek: :eek:

Well done Eoin on all your work on these threads ... will buy you a pint for all the good work...and most of all I cant wait to meet THE YIPPER u have entertained a lot of people with your wit & very good sense of humour:D

hope to meet you all very soon !!

INCH wrote:
    Hi All, Myself and my Fiance moved to Charlesland Grove in Oct from Drumcondra. Just had a Beautiful baby boy 9 weeks ago and I am so looking foward to him growing up here and meeting all of you! I think the ideas of having BBQ etc during the summer are great ideas. There seems to be a lot of people from the Grove on this chat. We should all try and meet soon in Script as I missed the last session and god knows I need one after abstaining for 10 months!!:eek: :eek:

Well done Eoin on all your work on these threads ... will buy you a pint for all the good work...and most of all I cant wait to meet THE YIPPER u have entertained a lot of people with your wit & very good sense of humour:D

hope to meet you all very soon !!

Congrats on Junior! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Thanks Eoin...... ;) .... role on the Summer BBQs so we can all meet up on the greens and have a few beers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mjc ire

Hi,

moving into the Park in the next 8 weeks with my girlfriend if all goes well

We are in our mid twenties and it is really good to see that there are lots of other younger couples around

Just saw this site today and really impressed.... had lots of little questions that have been cleared up after reading through the posts...
    I am sure lots more questions will pop into my head to pester you with though...

Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

It's a great place to live. You're gonna love it!

Advertisement