Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say "Hello" here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mjc ire

hope so... moving from Walkinstown in Dublin 12 so it will be a bit of a struggle at the start being a good bit away from most of my friends/family

Work beside Lansdowne Road so the dart will be really handy (probably wont drive)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MacLaLa

Plenty wrote:
    It's a great place to live. You're gonna love it!

really i hate it here its awful

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Have to say its a great place to live. The people of Greystones have been so friendly. I cant say enough good things about it. There is a real community spirit and I think because there are so many new families in the area everyone wants to get on and get to meet each other and as you can probably see from the posts there is a great vibe from all the Charlesland residents to make this estate a great place to live. I really am looking forward to my baby son growing up here. We couldnt be happier here.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

mjc ire wrote:
    Work beside Lansdowne Road so the dart will be really handy (probably wont drive)

If your getting the DART like myself, your better off getting off at Sandymount and walking the rest. It's €2.30 single to Sandymount and €3.60 single to Landsdown Road.............at least for the summer it'll be nice (hopefully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mjc ire

good sytuff, thanks for the advice on the dart
    hopefully the weather will stay fine for the summer so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Ru wrote:
    If your getting the DART like myself, your better off getting off at Sandymount and walking the rest. It's €2.30 single to Sandymount and €3.60 single to Landsdown Road.............at least for the summer it'll be nice (hopefully)

although if you're travelling every day you're better off getting a monthly ticket (or an annual one if your employer is in the easy-travel scheme). Single\return fares from greystones are pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 elaineha

Hi, I am in the grove since aug 05...I know more people in the first few months here then the last place in cabinteely after 2 years....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Manus

mjc ire wrote:
    hope so... moving from Walkinstown in Dublin 12 so it will be a bit of a struggle at the start being a good bit away from most of my friends/family

Welcome ,born and reared in greenhills moved out to Greystones as a nipper would like to consider self as local now (after 17 years ) any questions give us a shout.:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Trisito

Me and my new husband of 2 months just moved into The Park about three weeks ago! We love the house so far. Script is definitely a bit wierd though......:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

welcome Trisito - although considering I'm not actually living there yet maybe I shouldn't be the one to welcome you! We're moving in July (fingers crossed)
    have heard very mixed views on script, can't wait to see what its like myself very important to sus out the local. will be 1st on my list;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 VF10

Scripts: is for the "blow in " newbies" & renters,

Burnaby: is for the Old stock blowins, i.e new cash big house in greystones types, Mum must drive a 4x4.

The Beach house is the real heart of the village of greystones, that's where born and reared local tend to go... Must be able to talk fishing!!!

In all, given three pubs in one, the Beach House is your best bet...

Enjoy GreyCoole :) Wicklows answer to Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Dubgirl and Trisito, both of you are very welcome, and it is a great place. I've or I should say we (the boyfriend) have been here since Sept 2004, and I then discovered this site and you have a whole new perspective of the place and who is nearby (as we didn't know a sole for a long time). Hope to talk with you all soon

thanks for the low down VF10 - tell the truth now do you or "mum" drive a 4x4?? seems like the whole of wicklow do;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The Fog

In about two weeks and loving it. Script is wired as it gets but have not seen it at the weekend yet. Here there is a lot of Poker in and around Graystones so looking forward to that.

thanks plenty - hope to meeting everyone soon

The fog - yes lots of poker so I hear, i'm a big fan also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Valmont2006

We've been living in Burnaby Mews for the past 10 months and I have to say, i had a lot of reservations about moving to Greystones, but all of those quickly went away. I already can't imagine living anywhere else.

And I love Script! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hi...

Only found this board today... Moved into Charlesland Wood in June 2004, wifey and I were amongst the first to get keys. There wasn't even electricity, but we got the house fixed up anyway!

Love living here, wifey is from Greystones anyway, but I reckon I could live the rest of my life here (but not in this house, too small to start a family!).

Looking forward to chatting to you all!

Have a look in the "centre bar" at the beach house... a genuine old boys male bastion, sunday night for drunk old boys singing rebel songs ( badly)... no female jacks....

best pizza in greystones McCuisine Kilcoole....

best pint (guinness) centre bar Beach house.

By the way the Indian in the meridian (can't remember the name),
    is probably one of the best in ireland ... fact... It's a must do, check out early birds ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I much prefer Danns (the bar on the right side of the beach house). It's a great pub, and I love the atmosphere there. Wifey as a native likes the Burnaby.

I think the indian is Jaipur? If it's anything like the one in town it's gotta be good. Indian Spice is a great takeaway for indian.

Agreed about the Pizza. It's a shame he had to close Papa Macs, but he couldn't keep the two of them running after Godfather's opened.

Adore the bistro in the Hungry Monk. Nick is great fun. Upstairs, the food is great but it annoys the crap out of me when Pat fawns over the punters!

The new Italian, opposite the Meridian, is brilliant. We've dined there a couple of times and the food is great value. Really nice ice-cream too.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

VF10 wrote:
    By the way the Indian in the meridian (can't remember the name),
    is probably one of the best in ireland ... fact... It's a must do, check out early birds ...

Totally agree with that - lamb rogan josh has become the friday takeaway of choice..name is jaipur by the way.
    Diva Restaurant above the beach house does fantastic pizza, and all takeaway is 20% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

daveco23 wrote:
    Totally agree with that - lamb rogan josh has become the friday takeaway of choice..name is jaipur by the way.

It's actually 'Shakra - By Jaipur' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wifey

i have been told to say hello, so Hello!:p

yep Greystones has twice as many resturants as pubs... the inverse of most irish towns :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 CD_GD

Hi, myself and the boyfriend are moving in towards the end of June. Great to see everyone is so friendly and looking forward to meeting everyone for these summer BBQ's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

So i guess this is hello then

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Hello Charlesland! Myself and my girlfriend have been in the Court 6 months today!
    Just heard about the Charlesland Boards, its great.
    Hope to meet everyone at a summer BBQ maybe. (We'll have to sort out an annual get together in the central area!)
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

Hi everyone. We moved to Greystones in the late '90s. Like it a lot. I'm of Dutch origin myself but my wife is Irish.

Nice to see a board like this for the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JandS

Hello there - We are due to move in in November (hopefully) into a 3bed apt up by the crescent.

New to this discussion forum, but its a great idea and we've already learnt loads of handy tips - Cheers

J and S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Angel wrote:
    We weren't allowed install a well. Went for a spare bedroom instead.

"It Puts The Lotion In The Bucket.....put the ****ing lotion in the bucket"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

I much prefer Danns (the bar on the right side of the beach house). It's a great pub, and I love the atmosphere there. Wifey as a native likes the Burnaby.

I think the indian is Jaipur? If it's anything like the one in town it's gotta be good. Indian Spice is a great takeaway for indian.

Agreed about the Pizza. It's a shame he had to close Papa Macs, but he couldn't keep the two of them running after Godfather's opened.

Adore the bistro in the Hungry Monk. Nick is great fun. Upstairs, the food is great but it annoys the crap out of me when Pat fawns over the punters!

The new Italian, opposite the Meridian, is brilliant. We've dined there a couple of times and the food is great value. Really nice ice-cream too.

Chelly Brossom beats them all hands down.

Advertisement