Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say "Hello" here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

IT Loser wrote:
    Chelly Brossom beats them all hands down.

Bernard Manning lives..unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

"this chicken is rubbery...."

i'll get me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Hello. I've been lurking for a while on this board. :D

Is everybody in Charlesland in a couple? :o

Seems so... oh well hello anyway. I'm a single parent, working full time, been here a year and know nobody at all in Charlesland which needs to change!

How many post on this board - is it just a few regulars or a fair sized group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Manus

Absolutely not cheeky chops lots of singles in Charlesland, well there is in the Court maybe its just me but alot of people seem very standoffish in general in Charlesland. Some people think they have stepped up a level on the social scale just because they live in Greystones. As a local i would notice this a bit more than others. (Not Bragging OK) . Greystones has a darker underside just like anywhere. Rant over:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 anony-mouse

hi guys, great site! I cant believe there are so many living in Charlesland and we have our own discussion boards!:D
    nice to "Meet the neighbours" even if its not face 2 face!
    Ive been in "The Court" since Feb last year and lovin it.
    Ciao for now and chat soon, :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Sharonh

Hello. I've been lurking for a while on this board. :D

Is everybody in Charlesland in a couple? :o

Seems so... oh well hello anyway. I'm a single parent, working full time, been here a year and know nobody at all in Charlesland which needs to change!

How many post on this board - is it just a few regulars or a fair sized group?
    Hi everyone. I'm also a single parent in charlesland.. thought I was the only one!!! I'm in the Grove since Nov and met some people mostly through the local creche my son goes to. Anyone know any local kids (17 - 20 ish) that would be interested in babysitting now and then?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Hi SharonH.

Great to know we're not alone!! PM me if you'd like to consider meeting up or just chatting etc.

Thanks Manus for the reply! Means a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TJen

Hi Everyone, I'm new to these boards and just came accross the Greystones/Charlesland forum which I think is great. I moved into
    The Fairways apts in December with my boyf and absolutely love living here :p We have not been without our problems snag wise but apart from that its a beautiful place to live and you all seem so lovely. I hope to meet up with, chat with all of you soon.

Until then,

TJen:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

TJen wrote:
    Hi Everyone, I'm new to these boards and just came accross the Greystones/Charlesland forum which I think is great. I moved into
    The Fairways apts in December with my boyf and absolutely love living here :p We have not been without our problems snag wise but apart from that its a beautiful place to live and you all seem so lovely. I hope to meet up with, chat with all of you soon.

Until then,

TJen:)

Welcome to boards.ie TJen :)

I'm gonna move this to the "say hello" thread

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 millie me

Hi Everyone,

I will be joining the charlesland gang hopefully in the next few weeks. Am moving into the park. Snag list is very long so depends how long that takes! This is a great board have discovered lots of usefull things! Anyone else out there snagging at the moment? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tanith

Hi millie me,

Supposed to be receiving snag letter this week - Can't believe I'm saying that, thought it would never come! Disheartened to hear your snag list is so long :(
    Doesn't inspire me that we'll be in at the end of the month like I hoped.
    Lets just hope they are quick at turning things around! Good Luck with yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pasc

Hi Millie me & Tanith,

Our snag list was like 'war and peace', and they have been working through it for the past 3 weeks, though we are starting to see the light now.

Pasc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tanith

We have our first snag tomorrow - bang on time so I am impressed from the outset :D I will let ye guys know how I get on ... least you're nearly there Pasc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 AshBy

Hi everyone, I'll be moving into one of the final 3 bed duplexes in November (snagging letter expected first week in Oct). Getting more excited by the day!

I heard about the board from a workmate in June and have been an observer since then. You've been a mine of information to me over the past few months. I've quite a list of things for the snagger to look out for. Thank you all!

Looking forward to meeting you soon! :)

Take care,
    Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Hey!!
    Only after movin to greystones & came across this forum.
    Lovin the place so far...livin in hillside greystones...its quiet but grand!!
    dont know any1 round here yet...
    Few questions.....
    wheres the best place for a few pints ....
    wheres the best place for cool greystonians hang out....
    wheres better to live Charlseland or greystones....
    any other blowins from the wild wild north west (donegal) around.....

Is there any way to set this forum as a favourite page on my profile......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 millie me

Pasc wrote:
    Hi Millie me & Tanith,

Our snag list was like 'war and peace', and they have been working through it for the past 3 weeks, though we are starting to see the light now.

Pasc.

Did a final snag on sat. Big problem with drainage at the back of the house! The builder said it was on their to do list... would drainage not normally be done first? My solicitor said it is ok to close without it as long as we have commitment in writing that it will be done. As it effects everyone on the road I was just wondering what others are doing? Other than that I cannot wait to move in...

Also I am selling a black leather 3 seater and two seater sofa if anyone is interested. Only bought it last year but I have been given a present of a new sofa. If you or anyone else is interested I will be sticking the ad up in the local shops... or post a repy and we can work out something:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

slickmcvic wrote:
    Hey!!
    Only after movin to greystones & came across this forum.
    Lovin the place so far...livin in hillside greystones...its quiet but grand!!
    dont know any1 round here yet...
    Few questions.....
    wheres the best place for a few pints ....
    wheres the best place for cool greystonians hang out....
    wheres better to live Charlseland or greystones....
    any other blowins from the wild wild north west (donegal) around.....

Is there any way to set this forum as a favourite page on my profile......

Welcome along... To answer your questions:

Danns, which is part of the Beach House, is a good spot for a beer. I personally don't like the Beach House itself, but some do. Each to their own.

I don't think there are any cool Greystonians (I'll take cover now!).

Having lived in the Burnaby and in Charlesland, I'd say it's much of a muchness. Depends on what you like!

I don't know any Donegal folk in Greystones, but I do know a couple of them working and living in Dublin. You're best not to use the word "blow-in" around these parts. It's a very emotive topic!

To add this (or any) page to your favourites simply press Ctrl+D (assuming you're using Internet Explorer).

Have a browse through the threads and you'll find pub and restaurant reviews amongst other things. Feel free to join in any of the activities organised by the boardsies too. You don't need to be from Charlesand to be part of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Hi All! Moved into Seabourne earlier in the year. This is a great forum. Keep it up!

Yes, I am a langer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 EllieD

Hi there! My boyfriend and I moved into the Park in May and couldn't be happier (aside from the odd rant such as the fact that you can't get a proper double bed into the so-called master bedroom!).

Loving this thread and all the useful information. Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ADK

Hi everyone. I must be one of the first Charlesland residents? Moved to Charlesland Wood in July 2004 with my husband and two kids, now aged 4 and 2. Love living in Charlesland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

ADK wrote:
    Hi everyone. I must be one of the first Charlesland residents? Moved to Charlesland Wood in July 2004 with my husband and two kids, now aged 4 and 2. Love living in Charlesland.
    Who is the first in actually? Wifey and I moved in the week of our wedding, so that's about 20th June 2004. When we got the keys the week before that again, there was no water or electricity, so we just fixed up the house for the first few days.

Welcome to Boards, ADK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

Hi guys,

Just wondering what estate was built first in the Charlesland development?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tom Bombadillo

Hi everyone
    I'm moving into the final 3 bed duplexes next month. Really looking forward to moving in.
    Does anyone have recommendations for a tiler?
    TomB

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Hi guys,

Just wondering what estate was built first in the Charlesland development?

That would be Charlesland Wood. First houses were all sold off the plans.
    Took a while before the showhouse was opened as there were delays with the roads etc. which in turn meant that even the builders changed for the wood.

In the wood myself and bought on the first week of release... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

JanneG wrote:
    That would be Charlesland Wood. First houses were all sold off the plans.
    Took a while before the showhouse was opened as there were delays with the roads etc. which in turn meant that even the builders changed for the wood.

In the wood myself and bought on the first week of release... :)
    :rolleyes:
    Bought myself 2months b4 release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Manus wrote:
    Absolutely not cheeky chops lots of singles in Charlesland, well there is in the Court maybe its just me but alot of people seem very standoffish in general in Charlesland. Some people think they have stepped up a level on the social scale just because they live in Greystones. As a local i would notice this a bit more than others. (Not Bragging OK) . Greystones has a darker underside just like anywhere. Rant over:D

Jaysus Manus areyou talking about the brothels or the swinging dat goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Little Bobby

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hello - Moving into the back row in the park in the next few months...lucky us - 8 concrete steps up to the door and a 15 foot wall in the backgarden :eek:

Heard the snag letters are going out in 3 weeks time, I was up there last week and had a look, its coming along but they seem to be way behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gwenneh

Hello!

My husband and I are moving to Charlesland on Saturday, we're pretty excited about it. I came across this forum completely by accident, so...hello!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 gomarinago

Just saying hello heard about this the other night in the pub.Have lived in the area for 15 years and its nice to see more blow ins like myself welcome all of you and I hope you will support the fabulous development that is proposed for the Harbour that should enhance all our lives and provide new housing to bring more new people like us to the area and allow them to share the experience that is Greystones;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Moved into the Park in September, just me, myself and I - well actually, apologies to my canine companion, does he count as a resident ?!! Loving it here so far...;)

Advertisement