Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say "Hello" here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GreenEyes

Hi,

Hubbie & I moved into the Grove in September & so far so good.

I have been looking at this forum for ages & think its great for finding out what's going on in Charlesland.

Just wondering if anything happens for Christmas...drinks in local pub with other Charleslanders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

GreenEyes wrote:
    Hi,

Hubbie & I moved into the Grove in September & so far so good.

I have been looking at this forum for ages & think its great for finding out what's going on in Charlesland.

Just wondering if anything happens for Christmas...drinks in local pub with other Charleslanders?
    Welcome along GreenEyes.

Drinks would be great, although the last one was a bit of a disaster as despite having tables booked people couldn't find one another!

Given the proximity to christmas, it may be too late to organise something now, but maybe January may prove more fruitful?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Welcome along GreenEyes.

Drinks would be great, although the last one was a bit of a disaster as despite having tables booked people couldn't find one another!

I think the only way to do it is for someone to PM their mobile number to anyone who is interested, so they can send a text on the night to ask where people are in the pub. I seem to remember the manager of Script posting here after the last attempt to say he would put on a bit of finger food if someone got it organised.
    Given the proximity to christmas, it may be too late to organise something now, but maybe January may prove more fruitful?

I'm sure some people wouldn't mind a sneaky mid-week Christmas pint or two?

If anyone feels brave, and wants to put something together, Mike or myself can split this into a new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 llocc

Hey hows it going? Moved in to the park with the missus. Think this site is a great idea.

Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Billiejo

Sounds like one big happy family here!
    I'm going home again after been 'gone' a long time and fear the unknown......single & friendless etc.
    Got myself a job starting soon and have been going 'daft' looking at 'daft site accomodation' near to work area - Dun Laoghaire. Paid no heed to adds for Greystones & Charlesland as thought it too far away.
    Now see post here that says 30mins travel to D.L.!!!! If this is true maybe I could join the BBQ? TOO.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lorrie

The old man and myself have been in the Wood two years in April. In all that time we've only met our immediate neighbours - hopefully we'll meet more at the proposed drinks in the cafe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 boioing

New to this site(great Idea), but have been living in Charlesland for about 2 years now, didnt find out about till i heard it through the grape vine recently.
    Has a date been set for the drinks???

boioing wrote:
    New to this site(great Idea), but have been living in Charlesland for about 2 years now, didnt find out about till i heard it through the grape vine recently.
    Has a date been set for the drinks???
    Details for drinks are on this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 matti

Hiya. Found this site the other day while trying to find out about buses! Its really great site. Been living in Grove with boyf for nearly 2 years now. I hardly ever see my neighbours so its good to be able to catch up in here! Cant wait for bbq season to come around again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Have I said Hello yet?...Well Hello anyway! Been living in the Wood for over two years...So Matti, are we all invited to your bbq?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 matti

well there's always enough food to last 2 weeks! and our door is always open (be warned we have gone for the 'lived-in' look not minimalist!!) but I guess you'd have to find us first....followthe smell of burning (if I'm cooking)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tsukhija

Hiya!!

Handy way to announce that we've (Wife and me) recently moved into Charlesland Park just opposite to Crescent. It will soon be 2 weeks since we moved but feels good, nice and peaceful.

Just found this website and I suppose eveyone knows everyone already. I am hearing about BBQ? Who's the host? Is there any social club or what?

tsukhija wrote:
    Hiya!!

Handy way to announce that we've (Wife and me) recently moved into Charlesland Park just opposite to Crescent. It will soon be 2 weeks since we moved but feels good, nice and peaceful.

Just found this website and I suppose eveyone knows everyone already. I am hearing about BBQ? Who's the host? Is there any social club or what?
    Hi there,

Here's the thread about the BBQ / night out, not too sure if there's been much movement on it recently...

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RebekahF

Hi all, yup, we're joining the list of newcomers too! Angel, Iceman, SJ & Newcomeramy - think we are also neighbours! Moved into the Park yesterday :):):) Its all woohoo at the moment!! Me & me fella are covered in dust, eating lots of pizza and trying to get used to becoming 'house owners'! (& find some bins!!! - any clues which guys are the best ...greenstar or eurowaste?? - if you saw a nutter going around outside your house taking down numbers off alarms & bins today that would have been me!!).

Anyhoo, would love to meet up, go for a pint or two and get to know my neighbours....an ould community would be nice....also have a puddy that may need catsitting every so often too!!

Welcome along Rebekah. If you have a read through the threads you'll find opinions on both Greenstar and Eurowaste, along with numbers for them. Likewise for alarm companies.

Charlesland is pretty cat-friendly, except for The Yipper. He no like the kitties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pompom

Hi There!

Never knew there was such a Charlesland presence on the interweb! My better half and I moved into Charlesland Wood in Jan 2005 and have fallen in love with the place.

Did anything happen with the night out?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Hi all,

We moved into the Park a good while ago now just recently discovered this website. Great to have it! Loving living in Charlesland. Hope the night out happens as it'd be great to get to know more people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cloono

Hola!

Another latecomer here, in the fairways about a year and a half, only found this a few days ago:o

I likes the place, i do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dapper

matti wrote:
    well there's always enough food to last 2 weeks! and our door is always open (be warned we have gone for the 'lived-in' look not minimalist!!) but I guess you'd have to find us first....followthe smell of burning (if I'm cooking)!!

No Matti thats the smell of your feet wafting down from the cresent

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Shout out to all "ye Locals",

Names Wolfgang yep: (German Name)+(English Accent)+(Born in Ireland) makes me a right mixed charactor, anyways me and Pal from UK moved to greystones After expanding work into Dublin.
    Fantastic Place Barnaby Mews, nice pub too.
    Feels weird having a beach so close, Drive not to bad in morning 30min there 30 mins back...only been here a few weeks and already getting to see some lovely areas and people
    Im loving it.
    Everyone seems more full of life, happy to leave England. Glad to be back at my old roots.

Safe

Wolfie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kruk

Hi All,
    My wife and I moved to Greystones / Killincarrig in march 2007 :-) It's a lovely place. Also wanna say hello to everobody. Hope you're doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 loira_pb

Hi :)
    I'm Portuguese.
    I moved to Charlesland with my husband and baby in the last October 2007. It´s a lovely place.
    But I a little ashamed,:o because my english is not very good, I don't speek english for ten years :(...
    Well, we wish to all a
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year:)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Hi everyone. I am living in Charlesland park now for about a year but just got broadband last week hence the delay!! Grew up in greystones (Kilquade to those who know their greystones cant stageography) and just nd the thought of ever leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Hi there,

Should have signed in in this ages ago!!
    From Greystones originally and after having been away for about 15 years, decided to return home and bought in Charlesland August 2006! It is great to be home, but I am a little biased, I think there is nowhere like Greystones!! :D

MegFi

PS. - I am addicted to boards.ie / the Charlesland thread is fantastic - I think we should all spread the word more! :confused:

About time too Meg!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

greystones and charlesland! thats how amazing i am, bitta both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Starsie

:D G'day all!

Hubby and I are from Australia and are comming to Greystones for 2 months over summer. Looking forward to making a stack of mates while we are there.

Hope to run into some of you and have a traditional Aussie BBQ and a few beers.

You cant mistake who I would be.. I , am the big chick with multicolored short hair, even bigger sense of humour and a constant grin. Say G'day as soon as you hear an Aussie.. could be me...lol

;) Hmm dont confuse us with New Zealanders though.

Cheers all, cant wait to meet you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mezery2008

First Post!! Just saying hello as instructed! Myself and my fianceé have been living in the Grove since last June - loving it so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Hi,

myself and my wife are currently considering moving to greystones and i've enjoyed reading over this forum and getting a sense of the area from people's comments.

Overall, it seems very favourable and I'm excited about the prospects of living in the area sometime soon.

I plan to continue reading posts for the next while - particularly the ones on house prices! - and may even have some contributions to make.

In any case, wanted to say hello rather than just lurk in the undergrowth...

With any luck, I may be joining the offline community soon as well.

cheers,

Grudge.

• Advertisement

Welcome on board. Feel free to ask questions about the area if it helps you to form an opinion on your future home.

Advertisement