Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelance job for graphic designer

Options
  • 01-02-2006 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the work forum or not. Mods, apologies if this has to be moved.

I have a freelance position available for a talented graphic designer.

Basically, I need more logos created, very similar to the logos on this page: http://www.staff.ie/zebras/

As you can see, each logo has a theme. I need other themes like a world cup theme, a celebration theme, a Bastille Day theme, etc etc etc.

You will have a lot of creative freedom - your own weird ideas are more than welcome.

Payment is per logo. Work from home.

Full job spec is here: http://www.staff.ie/jobs/4268.html

Any questions, please ask!

Thanks for looking.

PS I'm finding it difficult to get the right person for this role, so please don't be shy about applying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Just out of interest.. what's the story with the Zebra?
    What does it represent?
    Seems a bit odd for a recruitment site - no word associations or such spring to mind.

I've always got a few ideas for these kind of things and would be willing to have a shot.
    Have you got a better image of the logo so I can create a few mockups?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

The zebra doesn't really mean anything. There is a little bit of a personal joke to it (which only I find funny!!) but for the most part it is just a nice image...

Unfortunately that is the only version of the zebra available. Not ideal, I know. But I don't ever want the actual zebra changed (just bits and pieces put on top of it) so you don't need to worry too much about him (or her!!)

Thanks for the interest!

EDIT: By the way, in my head I have an exact style that I want (exactly like the examples), so if I don't offer you the job (because your style is not exactly what I'm looking for) please don't be offended! I'm being slightly perfectionist on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'll give this a stab later on tonight.

:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

cool logo there very google-esque with all the little changes involved in it

ill give this a shot later

Thanks everyone for the interest. This position has now been filled!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Whiskeyman speaks sense. The logo means nothing to me. It *looks* nice but it communicates nothing. I don't think logos should be 'in-jokes'. What use is that? They're supposed to communicate something about a company. At the same time, it's different. Sort of, except for the obvious Google similarities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

DadaKopf wrote:
    Whiskeyman speaks sense. The logo means nothing to me.
    I disagree tbh. While it doesn't "mean anything" per se, it stands out and is immediately recognisable to me as the staff.ie logo. Surely that's more important in the long run.

I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

That's why I said "it's different". Branding is partly about differentiation. On the other hand, companies with strong brands succeed, and that demands having a well thought out and, most importantly, well communicated idea.

Thanks for the comments on the logo. It's interesting to hear your opinions.

The main thing with the zebra is that it's distinctive and nice. For our brand we're focussing more on the "feel" of the website - clean, easy, friendly. Basically, we're trying to make the jobseekers experience as pleasant as possible, rather than just building a website around the idea of selling recruitment space to employers.

Hey guys,

What do you think about me making -

http://www.staff.ie/jobs.html

- my main index page?

i.e. when you go to www.staff.ie http://www.staff.ie/jobs.html will be displayed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I don't know much about usability / graphic design... so don't think I do :)

But no, I prefer the simple search bar myself. It's immediately apparent what's going on (type of job / location / keywords.. and search). The full list seems to be a lot of stuff I don't need.. I'd be likely to get lost in it, frustrated and go away somewhere else without ever noticing the search bar (which is taking up the 'ad banner' position -- often a self imposed blind spot).

Advertisement