Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Too good to be true?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

it's actually an Mr2 with a bodykit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

He/she can't even spell black!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShayHT

was just about to point that out too Ficus!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

and a hotmail email address... only!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe we should sign his e-mail address up to a spam site. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Comes with a free bottle of super glue too

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the average price of a BMW 330i on cbg is €8600................

that's why i love when people value their car based on values found on cbg and carzone........... only people usually ask far too much for their cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote:

that's why i love when people value their car based on values found on cbg and carzone........... only people usually ask far too much for their cars!

So true, but there is difference in between what you ask for your car and what you actually get for it.

Saying that there is always some fool out there who will pay it. If you can afford to sit tight long enough you may indeed get the price you want.

just because a garage asks 10k for a car doesn'r mean they paid 10k for it, and it certainly doesn't mean that someone is gonna pay dealer money for a car privately and get no warranty/comeback!

colm_mcm wrote:

i check buy and sell,cbg,auto trader for guide prices when im selling a car and i always undercut them but i still find it difficult to sell,some people think just because they buy from a dealer and get a limited warranty
    thats its better value,more fool them:confused:
    I have the proof too,check fs motors here and find the polo,about a grand less than any in the cbg or autotrader

• Advertisement

there's a lot to be said for buying from a dealer,

Such as??
    You get a limited warranty on parts,so if a piston pops out of the engine or the timing belt goes it's not covered and you can pay 1000's extra just for that warranty,the extra cost olso covers the garages overheads and taxes,when buying private you wont be paying tax

the (free) warranty i give on used cars covers parts and labour on all items of the car bar the clutch, battery and wiper blades for 12 months, and any servicing due to be done on the car is done, so items like timing belts would be taken care of before the car leaves the forecourt.

Many private buyers charge the same as the garages do anyway, so why would you buy a car without a warranty for the same price as one with?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

You wouldn't, that's why private buyers are cheaper (that is, if they want to have any hope of selling).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MrSinn wrote:
    Comes with a free bottle of super glue too

I doubt theres too much left in it after all the crepe paper used to construct the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

LostinBlanch - it appears that this guy is a complete f*cking scammer!

Check out this link: http://www.cbg.ie/Car_detail.asp?CBGID=394668&ID=655283&NumPics=1&Make=VW&Model=Golf%20TDI%20Sport%20140BHP&frmFilter=All

I also thought this one too good to be true. So I emailed him for the craic. Guess what the email address is? "Ray Kopan" <raykopan79@hotmail.com> The same guy selling that beemer.

I asked some basic questions about this car and he did respond with some good photos of the car but could not give me basic details. Also here is the first response he sent me:
    Ray Kopan wrote:
    Hello,
    First thank you for your email regarding my car.The car is available,it is located in Plymouth, United Kingdom.The car is in a perfect condition, the mileage is accurate, no scratches, no damages, no hidden defects,kept it in a warm garage. My company has relations in the Ireland and I worked there for 2 years. I had the oportunity to buy it from there and bring it with me when I came back.The car was bought from Ireland, so stay cool it s perfect compatibile to your standards and you will don t have to pay more duty taxes on it. And this is an impediment for me to sell it here cause,first, we have different standards and second will be very expensive for me to register it here.I have to pay an very expensive duty taxes.
    I owned the car just for my pleasure, never abuzed of it, always services on time.I want this transaction to be smooth enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important changes in my life and have very few time at my disposal.
    The price is 3,000.00 Euros and depending on the situation this is negociable (I'm willing to lower the price if the transaction is a fast one as I want to sell this car quick).
    I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.
    Best Regards

Hmmm... 3000 for a 2002 Golf and he is willing to REDUCE the price?? Sounds a bit dodge to me but I decide to go further... saying that sounds fair enough. His second response:
    Ray Kopan wrote:
    Hello,
    We can make our business through a third party, Europe Alliance Escrow (www.europealliance.com) in this way both of us will have the assurance that we need.I will pay all the fees required.
    By dealing with a third party means dealing with a neutral party, a company that verifies if the merchandise is sent and coresponds to what seller agreed with the buyer and realease the money only after the merchandise was accepted.You will have 10 days to test the car.This company will deliver the car to you and will give me the money after you confirm that you want to keep it. All you have to do is to register on www.europealliance.com .
    It`s the only service that will guarranty me that you`ll make the payment.
    If you don't know how it works here it is a short description:
    -I will take the car in the custody of the escrow service .
    -They will inspect the car and prepare all the papers we will both need (me as the seller and you as buyer, they will also check what papers you will need in your country and if it is possible to register the car there).
    -An escrow agent that will handle our transaction will inform you about the status of the transaction.
    -Then you will have to transfer the money for the car to the escrow company (they will keep the money safe until you will get the car and inspect it ... they will also take care of the transportation of the car. If you don`t like the car or if anything is wrong with it you will inform the escrow agent and the company will take the car back from you and give your money back. If you`ll keep it, the escrow agents will wire me the money.
    Please let me know if you are interested.
    Kindly regards !!!

So I do a bit of checking about the site www.europealliance.com. It looks like a vaild site but I see no https encryption on the registration screen and very little info on the web. So I asked if I could contact him by phone..

3rd response:
    Ray Kopan wrote:
    I'm really sorry but I have some problems with the phone. For some reasons when I receive a call, the fax machine is conecting in the same time. I've talked with the phone company and only Friday morning they can send someone to fix the problem....
    We must comunicate by emails if is not a problem.
    Please register on their website and send me your full name and address to start transaction.Let me know what your intentions are.
    Regards,

Note: no name at the bottom - looks like an automatic email, or a pre-written one at least.

I smell a rat but emailed him back saying it all sounds suspicious and that he still hasnt replied to my basic questions about the car.

I am awaiting his response.... :D:D:D

I think we should sign him up to as many mailing lists as we can :eek: :eek:

blastman wrote:
    You wouldn't, that's why private buyers are cheaper (that is, if they want to have any hope of selling).

have you seen the prices private buyers are looking for their cars on carzone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

i sent him an email about that bmw. lets see how long i can string him along

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I mailed him too. His headers show he's in Romania. Surprise suprise, it had to be a Nigerian or Romanian.

So i've forwarded his email (headers included) to his ISP.

Anyone know if the Romanians have a department setup to catch these people? I'm sure they don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Should he not be/could he be reported to Carzone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I reported it to cbg as I figured there might be some unfortunate who believed this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Offer to go over to the UK and meet him in person, and that you will be bringing cash to pay for the car, subject to inspection.

Bring a mechanic, and a baseball bat! :D

I got a reply from cbg...
    Killian
    Thank you for your email, the ad for the BMW will be removed asap.
    Kind Regards,
    Lee
    Customer Service Manager

I got an email from him

==============================

Hello,
    First thank you for your email regarding my car.The car is available,it is located in Plymouth, United Kingdom.The car is in a perfect condition, the mileage is accurate, no scratches, no damages, no hidden defects,kept it in a warm garage. My company has relations in the Ireland and I worked there for 2 years. I had the oportunity to buy it from there and bring it with me when I came back.The car was bought from Ireland,so stay cool it´s perfect compatibile to your standards and you will don´t have to pay more duty taxes on it. And this is an impediment for me to sell it here cause,first, we have different standards and second will be very expensive for me to register it here.I have to pay an very expensive duty taxes.
    I owned the car just for my pleasure, never abuzed of it, always services on time.I want this transaction to be smooth enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important changes in my life and have very few time at my disposal.
    The price is 8,600.00 Euros and depending on the situation this is negociable (I'm willing to lower the price if the transaction is a fast one as I want to sell this car quick).
    I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.

Best Regards

==============================================

Looks to be exactly the same as his last reply to another poster here. Here is the mail I will send...

Hi Ray

That is indeed a very beautiful car. It looks like it is in very good condition. Would it be possible we could meet up and I could inspect the car ? Unfortunately, due to our inefficient taxing system here in Ireland, cars are much more expensive than they need to be, so most Irish people do infact make their purchases overseas. I will be in England sometime next weekend, near London, on a business trip, so would it be possible for us to meet up ? What did you think of Ireland ? I think it's a very beautiful place. You should go to the Whailing Forests of Wexford, where we get to shoot dogs for fun. They're only dogs that people can no longer take care of, so we have a party with beer and hunt them for a weekend. Perhaps if you are willing to lower your price, I could throw a fine set of dog fur boxer shorts into the pot to sweeten the deal, or maybe a labrador pup bikini for your missus ? Perhaps if you ever visit Ireland again we could hook up and I could take you down to this ? You could hunt yourself a nice pair of slippers .

Many thanks and I await your reply

pontovic wrote:
    Hi Ray

That is indeed a very beautiful car. It looks like it is in very good condition. Would it be possible we could meet up and I could inspect the car ? Unfortunately, due to our inefficient taxing system here in Ireland, cars are much more expensive than they need to be, so most Irish people do infact make their purchases overseas. I will be in England sometime next weekend, near London, on a business trip, so would it be possible for us to meet up ? What did you think of Ireland ? I think it's a very beautiful place. You should go to the Whailing Forests of Wexford, where we get to shoot dogs for fun. They're only dogs that people can no longer take care of, so we have a party with beer and hunt them for a weekend. Perhaps if you are willing to lower your price, I could throw a fine set of dog fur boxer shorts into the pot to sweeten the deal, or maybe a labrador pup bikini for your missus ? Perhaps if you ever visit Ireland again we could hook up and I could take you down to this ? You could hunt yourself a nice pair of slippers .

:D:D:D:D

I am tempted to send him the link to this whole post :-) But I'll wait.. :D

LOL - very good

Heres the latest email I have received.
    Ray Kopan wrote:
    Hello,
    I`ve proposed you the escrow service because I travel alot. I don`t know in witch city or country I`ll be next day. The escrow services are the only safe services to close this kind of deals. I`ll try to talk with my boss, I`ll tell him to let me stay in London one day, but I have to be sure that you have the money. If you don`t want to use an escrow service you can deposit the money at the Western Union on any name and address from UK (if you have a friend in UK you can deposit the money on his name). After that we can find a day to meet so you can inspect the car. If you`ll like it (or your friend will like it) we just have to change the receiver name, so I can pick them up or you can talk with your friend and he can pick up the money and give them to me cash. Please try to understand that I can`t lose a day for a simple joke.
    The car is registered on 01 NOV 2002 and it has 94,000 miles.
    Let me know if you are agree.

I think its time to tell this guy his game is up. :mad:

String him oiut some more. Tell him you have the cash and will be in the Uk tomorrow to inspect the car. If he's away it's not a problem, as he can leave the keys with a friend somewhere.

I got a reply from him. Here it is

==================================

Hello,
    We can make our business through a third party, Europe Alliance Escrow (www.europealliance.com) in this way both of us will have the assurance that we need.I will pay all the fees required.
    By dealing with a third party means dealing with a neutral party, a company that verifies if the merchandise is sent and coresponds to what seller agreed with the buyer and realease the money only after the merchandise was accepted.You will have 10 days to test the car.This company will deliver the car to you and will give me the money after you confirm that you want to keep it. All you have to do is to register on www.europealliance.com .
    It`s the only service that will guarranty me that you`ll make the payment.
    If you don't know how it works here it is a short description:
    -I will take the car in the custody of the escrow service .
    -They will inspect the car and prepare all the papers we will both need (me as the seller and you as buyer, they will also check what papers you will need in your country and if it is possible to register the car there).
    -An escrow agent that will handle our transaction will inform you about the status of the transaction.
    -Then you will have to transfer the money for the car to the escrow company (they will keep the money safe until you will get the car and inspect it ... they will also take care of the transportation of the car. If you don`t like the car or if anything is wrong with it you will inform the escrow agent and the company will take the car back from you and give your money back. If you`ll keep it, the escrow agents will wire me the money.
    Please let me know if you are interested.
    Kindly regards !!!

Here is the reply I will send him

Hello Ray

My friend, who is an independent mechanic, tells me that the car in question looks like a good buy and they have a good reputation for being extremely reliable. I am definitely interested in the car, but I would prefer not to deal through this Europe Alliance Escrow crowd. It would be in my interests at this time that we do this as quickly as posible. I understand that you need a quick sale, and I am willing to get this car as soon as this weekend. I am quite busy at the moment in work. I have to fill in 20,000 orders for mink-coated willy-warmers, which will be shipping to South America this week. I will also be attending a course in London on how to skin live cats to get the most supple raw materials to make ladies purses, so I am quite a busy man. Perhaps if I could send you a deposit in good faith ? My wife has seen the car and it would perfectly complement her hobby of dragging old donkeys around country roads.

Sincerly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

*digging up some gay pron sites to sign the email addie too :D*
    I have to fill in 20,000 orders for mink-coated willy-warmers, which will be shipping to South America this week. I will also be attending a course in London on how to skin live cats to get the most supple raw materials to make ladies purses, so I am quite a busy man. Perhaps if I could send you a deposit in good faith ? My wife has seen the car and it would perfectly complement her hobby of dragging old donkeys around country roads.

OMFG ROFLROFLROFL

Advertisement