Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Game Awards 2005 winners

Options
  • 01-02-2006 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Well, that's my lot.
    Sorry about the poor organisation this year. Hopefully whoever takes the reins next year will make more of an effort...

Overall GOTY -Resident Evil 4

Platform specific awards;
    PC - Battlefield 2
    Gamecube - Resident Evil 4
    Xbox/Xbox360 - Call of Duty 2
    PS2 - Resident Evil 4
    Handheld - Mario Kart DS

Genre awards
    FPS - Battlefield 2
    Sports - Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    Online - Battlefield 2
    Action/Adventure - Resident Evil 4
    Racing - Mario Kart DS
    RPG - Guild Wars
    Sim - The Movies
    Strat - Civilization 4

Miscellaneous awards;
    Story - Fahrenheit
    Character - Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)
    Disappointment - Xbox360's launch
    Hottest character - Carla Velenti (Fahrenheit)
    Soundtrack - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    Bad Guy - Jack Thompson

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

res evil 4 that good eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

tman wrote:
    Xbox/Xbox360
    Call of Duty 2

Were the people that voted on heroine??

Don't get me wrong the first player is great but the fact that they ****ed up Xbox Live cannot be forgiven.

TBH, they're hasn't been 1, really good game out so fa & I really hope that it doesn't continue like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Cant see why the 360 launch was viewed so badly, it had better launch games then the ps2 by far, but not the xbox (xbox had halo) but i suppose the difficulty in actually getting the console after launch was a big put off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Hmm... I'm not the happiest of bunnies with that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Cant see why the 360 launch was viewed so badly, it had better launch games then the ps2 by far, but not the xbox (xbox had halo) but i suppose the difficulty in actually getting the console after launch was a big put off.

Availability was a big issue Grumpy, not just for the console but for its accessories too.

• Advertisement

I know man, but in terms of games available there was still some decent titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There was no real killer game for the launch in the way that Halo was with the launch of the original Xbox though. A very typical launch lineup in my opinion... nothing special.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

quarryman wrote:
    res evil 4 that good eh?

No, it's much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

quarryman wrote:
    res evil 4 that good eh?

It certainly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so no such thing as fighting genre then, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Jaysus must pick up RES 4 by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

CapaillMor, get that game, its defo worth the play through anyway, way different than any other res game

Oh and nice work tman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Where's God Of War!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Illuvatar wrote:
    Where's God Of War!!!?
    Unfortunately the catagories it had a chance in (PS2, action/adventure) pitted it against RE4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Thanks tman. Good job. Go Ocelot!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Poor list imo =D

Guild wars is not an rpg game to say the least, a very poor decision, that should ahve come into an mmorpg, in which world of warcraft is ten times the game, guild wars is totally online and after playing it there is lack of rpg elemtn at all with people talking modern talk bout matches etc.

I'd feel the same way with online, its such a broad spectrum. World of Warcraft is the most played game in the world, online, and has received the most awards......

I guess this whole thing was on peoples votes and opinions

I do feel after looking at this list, this year wasnt that good, for me anyway, a gmaing veterna, this year bought Rome total war exspanion, Starcraft + expo, world of warcraft and that was it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

civ 4 so deserves the win

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

That was sorta the idea, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

One game cannot beat all of a consoles launch title,even if it is Halo,which is shit. Far Cry and Battlefield 2 are miles better

Sweet wrote:
    One game cannot beat all of a consoles launch title,even if it is Halo,which is shit. Far Cry and Battlefield 2 are miles better

Never said it did man, just stating that it was a "killer app" and if it DIDNT launch with the xbox, you wouldn't have your beloved far cry at all, because the console probably would have failed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Poor list imo =D

Guild wars is not an rpg game to say the least, a very poor decision, that should ahve come into an mmorpg, in which world of warcraft is ten times the game, guild wars is totally online and after playing it there is lack of rpg elemtn at all with people talking modern talk bout matches etc.

Of course Guild Wars is an RPG. By defintion, all MMORPGs are RPGs. If you`re going to bleat and moan about the catagories, you should probably bring it up during the nominations. If not, lets not attack someone who put in a lot of time and effort for what is, in the end, just a bit of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Poor list imo =D

...Guild wars is not an rpg game to say the least, a very poor decision, that should ahve come into an mmorpg...

I'd feel the same way with online, its such a broad spectrum. World of Warcraft is the most played game in the world, online, and has received the most awards...

and the last 3 letters od MMORPG are? Also, WoW was released in 2004

Lol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Steven wrote:
    Also, WoW was released in 2004
    febuary 2005 in the EU

so who's up for organising this next year:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

smileh_innocent.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

yeah I dont think that is a good representation of the best games of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

No complaints. Solid list.

Job well done, tman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

still can't believe FEAR was beaten by BF2 in both cats ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

About time to unsticky this one.

Well done to all involved!

Advertisement