Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it beer time yet?

Options
  • 01-02-2006 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

It just hit me that Friday is the first Friday of the month. Now I'm having a Pavlovian style craving. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

its beer time anytime you want it to be darling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Alcohol is a tool of the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

youre the tool of the devil

Are you calling me a tool rymus? Wanna fight about it, huh, huh, wanna, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Alcohol is a tool of the devil.

But it's the solution to all of life's problems.........apart from flatulence.

• Advertisement

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Are you calling me a tool rymus? Wanna fight about it, huh, huh, wanna, huh?

Why no suh I shure dont wanna get y'all riled up.

I'll get my coat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

lets go to the pub and fight there sure

I dunno about that.. he's a mean drunk

No, I mean to be drunk.

*ba-doom, tish*

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: so is there drinking to be had or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yup. This time I think that you could count me in.

This time, all those awkward pubs are on my way home from work!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Okay, where are we starting then? The Phoenix, since it's the usual starting point?

the phoenix???
    /me wrinkles her nose

when/where ye goin? (apart from phoenix)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmmm, someone else better reply. I'm easy about where we go but I won't be out long tonight anyway...suppose we could try starting at the Kudos bar in the Clarion? Or somewhere on Oliver Plunkett Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

:(

As soon as I finished the first post, all the little cold germs that had been making a nusiance of themselves in my body all week decided to lauch a full scale attack. I was feeling miserable all day yesterday and though I'm feeling better today, I have a habit of going out drinking when I think I'm over a cold and making myself worse. So, rather than go sneeze on everybody, I'm think I'll go look in the medicine cupboard for anything that remotely resembles a cold remedie, take them all, then go to bed and hope I survive.

I'm not in the mood meself - had a weird week of bizarre sleeping patterns - but I'll definitely be ready next week. I'll start training right this minute -- my pointing, slurring and giggling all need work, but my stumbling is really coming along, and I've been told that my muttering in olympic-quality.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

My excuse is better than that... I got crashed into last week so I'm feeling horribly sorry for myself, I have work til 7pm and I'm working again at 7am... I only got about an hours sleep last night cause I just couldn't sleep, so I'm a no show tonight too I'm afraid...

Hope you guys can handle it without me!
    Enjoy!

Right, looks like it's postponed to next week so. I'm in no mood to go out myself (just finishing up some overtime now, with more to do next week - yay!)...next friday at a venue yet to be decided?

Fysh wrote:
    venue yet to be decided?
    I still haven't gotten an Old Fashioned, so let's start in the Long Island this time.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 malteser

do ye all know each other outside of this or know each other because of this?

i know noone but i might poke my nose in for the giggle. think fysh posts on another board that im on but still no clue who he is

the long island sucks, overpriced crappy cocktails, much prefer le chéile's

malteser wrote:
    do ye all know each other outside of this or know each other because of this?
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't know any of the Boardsies that attend Cork Beers beforehand. A few non-Boardsies come along sometimes though. Mostly Cork Linux Usergroup peeps. Don't let that put you off. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I didn't know any of the Boardsies that attend Cork Beers beforehand.
    Same as myself

boardsies, what a cute name. so is there defo something happening friday then?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I didn't know any of the Boardsies that attend Cork Beers beforehand.

Ditto.

I'm for starting somewhere other than the Long Island btw. I'll be working in Galway Friday, so I won't be along until about 9/10pm. Don't want to miss it if we're finally going to get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm heading to a wedding on Saturday, but I'll come out for one or two on Friday! Dunno where to suggest a start though

Ok, let's try to accomodate everyone. Start in the Well at the usual time, toddle over to Le Cheile around 7 for a few, and then the Long Island at 8. (We wouldn't want to hit the Long Island any later than that on a Saturday.)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Ok, let's try to accomodate everyone. Start in the Well at the usual time, toddle over to Le Cheile around 7 for a few, and then the Long Island at 8. (We wouldn't want to hit the Long Island any later than that on a Saturday.)

adam
    On a Saturday? Thought it was Friday we were going drinking?

• Advertisement

Friday, Saturday, gawd the pedantry! :)

Advertisement