Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it beer time yet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Ok, let's try to accomodate everyone. Start in the Well at the usual time, toddle over to Le Cheile around 7 for a few, and then the Long Island at 8. (We wouldn't want to hit the Long Island any later than that on a Saturday.)

adam
    how early do these things start??!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I like to have a beer in my hand at 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That sounds like a plan so. I'm working Friday so I'll be late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I like to have a beer in my hand at 5pm.
    Always a good time for a beer beerchug.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

as a relevant side-note; has anyone ever noticed how many awfully ugly people drink in the long island? I paid a flying visit there not too long ago, purely for research purposes of course as I'm simply gorgeous, and noticed to my utter dismay how many of the customers were monsterously facially affected. If I were a cosmetic surgeon, I could cleaned up; financially as well as asthetically...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

suggestion: find a place more appealling than the long island??? or at least be gone from there by nine?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Tree : Yes, I have seen you from another board (was going to mention it as well, but ya beat me to it). Though unless I met you at melusine/leslie's birthday bash last year I don't think we've met. (It's quite possible we met there and I don't remember, since I arrived at the Well pissed and carried on getting more pissed for quite a fraction of the night).

Personally, I second the vote to be out of the Long Island by nineish. On a friday or a saturday it'll be filling up with knobends by then and, well, that'll get in the way of the drinking. We can always aim for some of the Plunket St. pubs by that stage...

sadly didnt make it to leslie's that night. think i was working or someone i dont get on w/ was gonna be there and best not to make a scene at other ppl's parties.

so hands up for movin from the long island earlyish?

/me raises both hands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

sorry guys, girly night out on Friday night - might see you along the crawl, or meet up with you before hand, but looking doubtful... (I'm going out with girls who don't like any pub other than Reardons... give me strength!)

(I'm going out with girls who don't like any pub other than Reardons... give me strength!)
    our prayers are with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

right now this is all looking good. I dunno when I'll be along however, probably before 7pm.

All going well, I should be there about 5 :)

has it been decided where we're actually starting?:confused:

Mmmmm, beer.

I'm working until 8 :( so hopefully I'll catch up around the Long Island.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Gonna have to bow out tonight; have managed to come down with a headcold and will be spending the weekend trying to sleep it off.

Arse.

So are we starting in the well or whats the story?

Dahamsta is only just waking up properly, and needs to eat. However all signs are currently pointing to him staying at home, because he's going out with his old doll[1] tomorrow night for Valentine's Day dinner[2], and possibly for dwinks afterwards with a few mates, and he doesn't fancy two nights in a row atm[3]. Maybe hook up tomorrow night? Maybe.

adam

[1] Which precludes LMM from attendance too.
    [2] Yes, I know it's actually on Tuesday, but dahamsta is sensible. Well, in some ways.
    [3] Because dahamsta is also a wuss. Ha! Got there before you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Ahhh ye're mentioning all my favourite pubs! At least ye're not going to Costigans too, otherwise I'd be very jealous! Have fun!:D

Hmm, 3 drop outs now. I'm begining to think this isn't going to happen. Guess its a few cans in front of the TV instead.

Sorry about that John. I was up until 6:30am, and although I intended getting up and toddling in, I didn't actually get out of bed properly until 4:30pm. Lazy b'stard, I know.

adam

• Advertisement

Its not a total loss, while looking for beer I just found a full bottle of scotch :D Now where's the coke? *looks around*

I hadn't had time to check boards till now. I only decided to check when I found no one in the Well or Le Cheile. I thought that there might have been a change of venue.

Shame on all of ye

Bugger. At least I remembered to check before leaving work.

Now will I go home and go to sleep like a sensible person, or........

I'm a bad, bad man.

Sorry dudara :( When I saw the others had bailed and no one had responded that they were still going I just said screw it.

No worries. But we will have to have drinks soon. I'll be moving to Dublin in a while.

Advertisement