Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange Printer Problem

• 01-02-2006 8:05pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Friend of mine is having a problem with his printer but it may be more a windows problem than a printer one?

first of all printer was smudging and generally not printing well I tried reinstalling it and exactly the same problems so I tried my own Epson 88o on it and again broadly similar problems - strange thing is the problems are not consistent - excel spreadsheets seem to print ok - word documents go all over the place - one page spread over 4 pages - web page initially prints perfectly and then goes into pages and pages of gibberish - epson tests such as print head alignment etc are all fine.......

Are there any settings within windows that I could adjust?

Its windows 98se - thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What printer is his ?

What driver ? - [rant] HP drivers are dire, don't use them if windows supports the printer, if you can't share a HP printer in windows 3.1 then you have to expand printman.* from Disk 5, and things haven't gotten much better since. [/rant]

Is it OK in print preview ?
    Try printing to a pdf - pdf995 / pdf creator.

is the word doc text or picture ( lots or little ink )

try at lower dpi in case printer memory not enough - should only affect lasers though - or try in draft mode - check what the paper is set to as this can affect how much ink it puts on paper and drying time

Advertisement