Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Approaching a Girl

• 01-02-2006 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Ok, So here's my personal woe to add to the many on these pages already.

I'm 23 with minimal experience with women. There is a girl from college that I never ever talked to(she did a different course) but I used to notice her about sometimes. However, I never see her in a social situation. Would it weird just to start talking to her when I'm , like, sober?

What would be the best way to begin conversation with her?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Nippy1 wrote:

I'm 23 with minimal experience with women. There is a girl from college that I never ever talked to(she did a different course) but I used to notice her about sometimes. However, I never see her in a social situation. Would it weird just to start talking to her when I'm , like, sober?

Ask her for directions to somewhere! smile and be nice about it!

The next time you see her smile and say hello. Work at it from there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

^^^^^^
    What he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

what if she's in your course and you still can't talk to her!?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

Just walk up to her and confidently ask her if she wants to do dinner

She'll either piss herself laughing or admire your cahonas and you can then have a chat and flip to coffee as an alternative...unless shes really keen

Although I'm thinking if that was an option you probably wouldnt ask on boards what to do but still it's more fun and definitive than asking for directions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

gsand wrote:

She'll either piss herself laughing or admire your cahonas and you can then have a chat and flip to coffee as an alternative...unless shes really keen

Although I'm thinking if that was an option you probably wouldnt ask on boards what to do but still it's more fun and definitive than asking for directions...

This is indeed a risky option. She may be hungry and we know she's a student. She may take you up on the offer just for some free food.

Peronsally i'd start talking to her about her course and what subjects she has blah blah... stuff you know she's interested in (or maybe hates). At least this way you'll have her doing come of the talking and it should be a smooth conversation.

gogogogogo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Muckmagnet

.........you got any scars , chicks love scars ..... i got both my legs ripped off by sharks last year , and i never got so much ......

if not ,why not get a mutual friend to introduce you both , a mutual girl friend would be good , then all go out for a coffee . try not go over to her when your drunk , i've been there trying to chat up girls when i had a skinfull and the results were .............. messy.

good luck !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

gsand wrote:

I wouldn't advise that at all!! That is way too full on and you would end up scaring her off and she would think your a freak!

Its ok to ask her out to dinner when you have engaged in conversation a few times and spent a little bit of time together!

Ease her in gently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Why not start with hello & work from there? If she looks horrified and starts looking around for exits, you know where you stand....if she smiles, says hello back & encourages a conversation, let her know you will be in the X pub with a group of friends on a certain date if she fancies coming along & see if she does?! Best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It depends what your after really- getting laid or forming some sort of relationship with her?
    , let her know you will be in the X pub with a group of friends on a certain date if she fancies coming along & see if she does?!

..personally i think this is a bad idea, its far too intimidating especially if she doesn't really know you, i dont see why she'd be willing to go to a pub with a bunch of people she doesn't know?
    just bite the bullet and walk up to her, introduce yourself , smile ask her about her course or some kind of general small talk, or drop something when she walks past, she picks it up..and take it from there.(underhand i know but it worked for me ; ) ) whatever you decide, do it on your own - do not have a bunch of friends staring and giggling in the back round she'll tink you taking the piss!
    i agree with this alright but remember be confident not arrogant

if you do want to ask her out just be honest with her and tell her you don't make a habit of chatting up random girls but definately go somewhere/do something where its just the two of you (anymore than 2 people isn't a date!)

if you just want to get laid however and think shes keen then Ickle Magoos advice is probably your best bet.

good luck! : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Nippy1 wrote:

'hello.....'

has never failed for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

You: "Hi, I think we should mate"
    Her: "I'm sorry"
    You: "I said I think we should date"

or

You: "Hi, you look nice in those pants"
    Her: "I'm sorry"
    You: "Hi, would you like to dance?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Simple as "How youuuu doin'?"

Honestly, just go up (dont sneak up or scare her off now :) ) and say hi, offer to buy her a drink and carry on from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Nippy1

No, Its just too weird!!!!

I 'll stick to talking to them when they are out

Advertisement