Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curling very very very long hair

• 01-02-2006 9:20pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i want to put my hair (temporarily) in curls/ringlets.

have tried and failed using a ghd and also a curling tongs.

its not very thick and its not thin, it goes to about three inches beyond my bum.

Ive no clue what to do w/ it coz id love to be able to do curls for the occasional night out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

My hairs pretty long too , Got a nicky clarke curler and I couldnt get any curls in my hair with it , so Then I got this brawn hand held Portable curler in Boots , think it was 18 euro but its really good .,Get some fructis hard gel spray , spray that in 1st , It`ll turn the hair rock solid and then curl away I feel its best to give it another spray of the gel then and then another quick curl , keeps the curls in all night even in very long hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My hair is pretty long. I'm actually getting it curled on Saturday for my work Christmas party (yes I know it's February).
    I'm going to Peter Mark's. Not that expensive and they've done a good job on it before. Just beware, you'll prob have to spend ages under the drier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

my hair is VERY thick and used to be that long and is now half way down my back and trust me this works.

Spray your hair with lots and lots of extra strong hairspray or the fructis hard gel spray section it out and used bendy curlers and lots of them.Spray each section as you are putting the bendy curlers in.and spray them when they are up in your hair.when you have them all in spray again with hair spray and leave to set.it works best if you sleep with them in over night and put tights,a hairnet,a shower cap or and this works a pair of knickers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

my hair is VERY thick and used to be that long and is now half way down my back and trust me this works.

Spray your hair with lots and lots of extra strong hairspray or the fructis hard gel spray section it out and used bendy curlers and lots of them.Spray each section as you are putting the bendy curlers in.and spray them when they are up in your hair.when you have them all in spray again with hair spray and leave to set.it works best if you sleep with them in over night and put tights,a hairnet,a shower cap or and this works a pair of knickers
    a pair of knickers, priceless!! ha!,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

go to peter mark and get ghd curls... i got them done for the debs and stayed in for 24 hours and that was while sleeping as well lol they are great think it was 40 euro.... well worth it and if u bring a friend along they can learn how to do it on u nxt time lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

mines really long too. i have a curling tongs but I only ended up being able to curl the bottom end of my hair with it lol. Theres great stuff you can get from boots 'John Frieda bech blonde surf spray' I think its called it makes your hair all wavy. Curl you hair I use a babyliss curling tongs now its great and curl the top of your hair near the roots first and then curls the bottom of each strand. Get some little clips afterwards and clip up different sections of you hair, spray again and blast with the hair dryer. Works for me gives me long wavy curls then just add some hairspray. This is handy cos it only takes bout half an hour. Im gonna try that tip of Aislings too tho with the bendy rollers when I have a bit longer to spend getting ready it sounds cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

PlayGirl wrote:
    a pair of knickers, priceless!! ha!,

well it does work:o :p

Advertisement