Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please tell me what you think of this idea

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

That picture is great, seriously.

i think...

Sonic scene.

;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Kinda doing other things lately but playing a lot of Oblivion instead of painting, but here is the thing, reckon its ripe for some of you guys to post some screen grabs so as I can have a crack at painting them, the Imperial City, Oblivion gates burning in the landscape, Oblivions stark barbed towers, whatever floats your boat, post them here if you please, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

amazing some of the stuff google turns up when searching for images from metroid prime...

i'll try to find something more suitable:p

/edit
    i've been through 26 pages of pics and this is the best i could find...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Should there be 'not (work) safe' on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Some games which could possibly provide some nice images
    - Final Fantasy (take your pic)
    - World of Warcraft - some really fabulous views in game which I think would translate very well to paper & paint.
    - Kingdom hearts
    - GTA - some of the sun sets/risings over cities could work well.

Certainly I'd be interested in having some favoured game moments immortalised.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As I have said before, you get some shots of those scenes to me and I can take it from there, I will do them for my own pleasure, just looking for some new material, done enough rivers, churchs and waterfalls from my locality!
    If you have a pc it should be easy enough to take a screen grab of the scene you want and post it here, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That SotC watercolour is fantastic. Seriously.
    Other ideas... Yuna sending off the spirits of the dead after Sin attacks Kilika in Final Fantasy X, the part where Ridley flies over Phendrana Drifts in Metroid Prime, Hyrule frozen in time under the sea in Wind Waker... there are so many possibilities!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the bit inside the church in half life 2: lost cost

http://img.fdiv.org/blogimages/168/3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

wow what a picture. picked the best colossus too.

the final scene of ocarina of time.

the cloud carrying aeris thing would be amazing.

If youre going for metroid prime it has to be something from Phendrana Drifts in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Sephiroth walking through the fire in final fantasy 7

• Advertisement

Once again, all great suggestions but I NEED SCREENSHOTS! Please trawl the old interweb and post the needed scenes for me or get them yourselves, it would be fantastic of you could do that, as for the colossus picture, not the best to be truthful, the printout lacked detail, when I played the game and got to him I noted all the wonderful detail in his armour, better luck next time, although combining black ink and paints as in the art cards with the game may produce the best results. As for the Metroid suggestions, yes yes three times yes but please get some source material, ok, can't make this stuff up out of my head and the pause screen isn't very useful either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

will this do? :D
    pooh.jpg

Advertisement