Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capcom go all PC like

Options
  • 02-02-2006 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Resident Evil 4, Onimusha 3: Demon Siege and Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition Coming to PCs Beginning February 2006

SAN FRANCISCO – FEBRUARY 1, 2006 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that it has signed an agreement with Capcom to distribute Resident Evil 4, Onimusha 3 and Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition video games for the PC. Ubisoft will distribute Capcom’s games in North American and European territories beginning in February 2006 with the release of Onimusha 3: Demon Siege.

“Capcom has created fantastic universes which have become blockbuster franchises,” said Jay Cohen, vice president of publishing at Ubisoft. “Ubisoft is excited to be bringing three of the industry’s most innovative titles, including Resident Evil 4, which has been recognized by many publications and organizations as the best game of the year for 2005, to PC gamers around the world.”

Resident Evil 4 is a shining star in the survival horror genre garnering critical acclaim and numerous “Game of the Year” awards from media outlets including Game Informer magazine, North America’s largest gaming magazine and GameSpot.com, a leading source for gaming information. Onimusha 3: Demon Siege stars French actor Jean Reno and is the latest episode in the Onimusha franchise. This action adventure series has become a phenomenon thanks to its amazing backdrop in medieval Japan mixed with heroic fantasy elements. Devil May Cry made an outstanding debut on console and quickly became a popular action game. Renowned for its gothic atmosphere, non-stop action and thrilling combat, the latest installment to the franchise adds a new character a new boss and many new levels.

“Capcom is excited to be taking advantage of Ubisoft’s global distribution network to deliver our hottest titles for gamers around the world to play and enjoy,” said Toshihiro Tokumaru, executive officer at Capcom. “We look forward to working together for continued growth for both companies.''
    http://www.bluesnews.com/

I have Omnimusha 3 for PC its in japanese and looks fairly crap, but hopefully they change that for the English release with the other games.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

not to rain on the parade, but:
    RE4 - prefer to get that on the cube
    DMC3 - read a review on the PS2 version, if the PC version is the same i think it could be too bastard hard
    Omni - saw screens of the jap PC version, looks subpar. Although the review said it was a button masher, i would still maybe give this a try.
    Can't see them changing the graphics for the english release though (assuming the jap version was released somewhat recently)

Basically i'll wait until there are reviews of the pc versions

Still could be good for the future- if capcom keep porting stuff to the pc maybe some good games will get done, in a timely fashion, in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I assume DMC3 will be the updated version with the easy mode for us patience lacking gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

DMC3 wasn't all that hard... it just required practice.

Has anyone heard anything about the new "Devil Kings" game from Capcom?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Interesting, maybe I'll see what all this Resident Evil fuss is about now.

Advertisement