Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV and contract

• 02-02-2006 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

Ive been with UTV for over 2 years. The original agreement was if you stayed for over a year you would not be charged any cancelation fees. I have not signed up for any new offers just recieved the speed and small cap increases automatically over the time ive been with them. Their new contract states there is a cancellation charge now. Should i be affected by this when i transfer or should the original terms still apply?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

No your sound. The cancellation fees do not affect users that signed up prior to June 2005.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭vox

Thats sound. I can now transfer to BT with no disconnection and connection fees at all. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

way hay.. me too...

I'm sure this is in a thread elsewhere but what exactly is the least painless process to change bb provider? By painless I mean not having 1 month of downtime. I'm willing to stomach a few days if need be.

not to worry, I found it after a bit of searching. Seems straightforward enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

vox wrote:
    Thats sound. I can now transfer to BT with no disconnection and connection fees at all. :D

Why are you leaving UTV vox? If you don't mind me asking... as I've just signed up with them myself after cancelling the disaster that is IBB.

if I can stick my 2 cents in on this one... theyre expensive, have ridiculously low caps (8gb on a 2mbit product), want to charge extra for doubling the cap (which would still be well below the other providers offerings) and since the upgrade I get max 400k download between the hours of 4pm and 11pm. Their support/customer relations are non existent and ohh, theyre expensive. I'm currently paying around €55 per month, line rental included. After the move to BT, I'll have a much higher cap and will be paying €35 per month for the same speed. No brainer really...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

How the mighty have fallen. It was only a year ago that everybody here couldnt give UTV enough praise and now look at them, right there near the bottom of the heap. Mostly because they havent moved while all the rest have.

Woot 300th post - only took me 3 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

the 2mbit cap is now 12 gb, which is still pathetic, but better than it was. the 3mbit one is 20gb, also pathetic when compared to the competition. Sad really :/

8gb, 12gb - still depressingly bad for a 2mbit product. Decided to stick with the 2mbit BT product for €35 per month and hide the phone at home. Herself can sign up to blueface or something like that if she wants to natter all day.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I too am leaving UTV - signed up to BTs 40euro for 2mb (20gb cap) incl line rental offer. That will be around 14euro less a month - I had free calls on UTV but we only used around 4-5euro worth. Even better - no connection fee if you're a refugee from another provider and supply your own modem.

Advertisement