Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch / Friends First

Options
  • 02-02-2006 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Eircom Phonewatch salesman called to my house this afternoon. He gave me his pitch for about 30 mins. I said I needed a while to think about it and we agreed he would call back later this evening. In the meantime I had decided to go for it and when he called again I told him this. We spent the next 45 mins filling out all the forms inc. the finance agreement (which was the way I wanted to go). Before he left we had the forms signed and sealed and an install date set.

About 30 mins later he called back to my house and said there was a problem. According to him, the finance company, Friends First, have a condition that the borrower must have lived at their present address for 10 years!! So, unless I paid the whole amount up front I couldn't have the system. There was nothing he could do except give me FF's number so that I could complain to them.

My cedit rating is perfect. He even took a copy of my CC statement plus a million other details.

So what's this ten year thing about? Anybody heard of this? You'd think it was a mortgage I was looking for not €1200!! Any point of calling the finance company?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

€1200 sounds a lot for a Phonewatch system!! i'd check that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

shayser wrote:
    Any point of calling the finance company?

I'd imagine there a lot more point to calling the finance company that asking advise from people who are going to make presumption here.

Only the finance company will be able to give you a definitive answer to your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Can you just get a loan from your bank ? ...... bet it would be a lot cheaper than any tied in finance deal ( they are always very expensive ).
    BTW, €1200 is not at all expensvie for the system ..... and Phonewatch are excellent, very very responsive ...... impossible to believe they are part of Eircom given the huge difference in service level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

One of my friends has phonewatch and doesn't think much of it. I'll ask her why next time I'm talking to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

deisemum wrote:
    One of my friends has phonewatch and doesn't think much of it. I'll ask her why next time I'm talking to her.

I'd be interested to hear her opinioin. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement