Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Noise problems

• 02-02-2006 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Over the past 4 weeks, my broadband quality has gone up and down like a yoyo! I seem to have a problem holding on to a connection. The quality seems to vary from day to day. Sometimes, no problems whatsoever and then it can't evening hold a connection for 10 sec.

I think I have a very poor line. I have had broadband for 2 years now but only getting problems now. I'm with Eircom and based on the Malahide exchange. Have a look at the following screenshot from my router, I think the noise has gone crazy. It can vary from 4 to the crazy figure in the bitmap at which point I loose my connection. I thought my Netgear router was faulty but tried the Eircom Netopia ADSL modem and the connection is just as bad. Also checked my microfilters and all is working well.

Any suggestions anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

You should read around the forum about the recent speed upgrades, there are others suffering the same problem.

Advertisement